PDA

View Full Version : A330 Flaps slats at zero

applecrumble
10th Nov 2017, 08:53
Hello there,

I am new to the A330 so forgive me if it is an obvious question.
In the landing with slats/flaps at zero it asks the flight crew to use flap lever one.
This is so that the go around modes engage on a go-around.
There is a small note regarding the SRS mode and the fact that it might not engage if the gear is not down.
Does anyone know why this would be, I can't see anything in the SRS engagement logic to suggest the gear is required down?

Roj approved
11th Nov 2017, 04:07
just guessing, but it may be related to phase of flight, rather than gear position. its been a while since i flew the 'bus, but seem to remember something about SRS is only available in the flight phases associated with t/o and approach/landing. i.e. when the gear is down

applecrumble
11th Nov 2017, 08:38
Under some circumstances you must be right that the FMGEC uses gear position to verify flight phase.
Usually for GA phase it would use FLAP lever to position 1.
Anyone think of a time it would use gear down for flight phase change?

pfvspnf
12th Nov 2017, 01:02
Haven't looked but I thought it was the setting of TOGA that restrings the flight plan and switches phases ?

applecrumble
19th Nov 2017, 08:54
I found an Airbus presentation which says this note was added because there was a case where a crew had the flaps locked. They had CONF 1 and applied TOGA to go around but didn't get SRS mode.
So Airbus now say you need CONF 1 and gear down to engage SRS.
Why the QRH says "may not engage SRS" if you don't have the gear down is still a little confusing. Why the "may"; surely with the gear down it does engage and without it then it won't engage.

neilki
19th Nov 2017, 21:40
Hello there,

I am new to the A330 so forgive me if it is an obvious question.
In the landing with slats/flaps at zero it asks the flight crew to use flap lever one.
This is so that the go around modes engage on a go-around.
There is a small note regarding the SRS mode and the fact that it might not engage if the gear is not down.
Does anyone know why this would be, I can't see anything in the SRS engagement logic to suggest the gear is required down?

http://www.pprune.org/questions/243995-airbus-srs-explanation.html

applecrumble
20th Nov 2017, 09:30
http://www.pprune.org/questions/243995-airbus-srs-explanation.html

Doesn't mention anything about the gear having to be down to activate the go-around SRS mode.