PDA

View Full Version : TSA in US. Where an ~80% failing grade puts everyone at risk

ethicalconundrum
9th Nov 2017, 14:04
I admit to not liking, or trusting TSA. Our airport security is a bad joke. Seems the jokes just keep coming.

TSA agents routinely fail to spot threats, federal investigation finds | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/09/tsa-agents-routinely-fail-to-spot-threats-federal-investigation-finds.html)

Note that this is not a result of any change in administration. The failure seems to be apolitical and unrelated to any level of funding as well. As I recall, the TSA budget was upped rather well after the failing grade in 2015. BTW, the US has more flights to, and through UK airports than any other nation, or at least that was true when the 2015 report was issued, not sure if it's true today - but surely the number of flights from the US to UK is substantial.

galaxy flyer
9th Nov 2017, 15:59
I don’t Hanks, but TSA at RSW last week spent ten minutes pondering my carry-on. It contained precisely 2 polo shirts, 3 pairs of dirty underwear and 3 pair of socks, some envelopes on Mom’s tax papers and a copy of Car & Driver magazine. They tested the shaving cream and deodorant twice. I offered to toss it, but they finally gave up and packed it all away.

GF