PDA

View Full Version : Expire date on tr and fi hours

Jborg
7th Nov 2017, 15:57
I have a question about expire time in the Easa world. If you do a flight towards a tr but something delayed you. What is the expire date to continue use that time?

If you have good answer, is that the same time for fi houra to?

Whopity
9th Nov 2017, 07:57
If you do a flight towards a tr but something delayed you. What is the expire date to continue use that time? A prof check can only be completed in the last 3 months of the rating validity, so it will expire on its expiry date. The prof check must be completed before it expires or it will become a renewal and a course completion certificate will also be required. A Skill Test for rating issue has to be completed within 6 months of starting the training.

is that the same time for fi houra to?Not sure what you mean but No. For FI you have to complete 2 out of 3 requirements in validity period, Hours in period of validity; Assessment of Competence; Seminar. If you expire then you have 12 months to do AoC and Seminar.

BizJetJock
11th Nov 2017, 17:13
FCL.725 (c) says that you must pass the skill test within six months of starting the training course for a type rating. Therefore anything over six months old doesn't count.

There is no equivalent paragraph for instructor ratings, so in theory there is no time limit. In practice anything over a year and you probably want to start again just from the point of actually remembering it all.

I hope that helps.

BJJ

excrab
21st Nov 2017, 17:42
BizjetJock and Whopity,

Not quite on the topic of the OP, but according to Whopity, if an instructor rating expires then you have 12 months to do A of C and seminar. That would appear to apply in my case.

However, in 1986 I did a 25 hour course for what was then called an AFI rating,
in 1987 a 10 hour course to teach applied IF before upgrading to what was then known as "QFI", and then in 1988 courses for Aerobatic and Multi instructor ratings.

As I now approach the end of my commercial flying career, due to age, I am looking at renewing my instructor ratings. Ignoring, for a moment, the sensibleness or not of having training before trying to renew my ratings, if Bizjetjock is right I should be able to present myself for an instructor test based on the training I did thirty years ago, so why would I also (legally) have to attend a seminar... or have I missed something?

4Screwaircrew
21st Nov 2017, 22:33
@excrab, my understanding is that to renew you need 2 from 3, an FI test, a seminar, or sufficient instructing in the appropriate amount of time, I’m looking to renew my long expired FI and believe this is the way to do it.

Whopity
22nd Nov 2017, 08:02
For Renewal, there is only one option. Training as required to pass an Assessment of Competence (Formerly FI Test) and atted a FI Seminar within a 12 month window.

if an instructor rating expires then you have 12 months to do A of C and seminar. Not quite, you have any length of time to do it, but both actions must be completed within a 12 month window.