PDA

View Full Version : Military Rating onto EASA Licence

S-Works
18th Oct 2017, 17:39
Does anyone know the process to transfer a rating onto an EASA licence that’s being flown on the military Reg?

Full EASA approved type but flown as captain and instructor on the military Reg so no civilian TR course done but in current flying and teaching practice.

H Peacock
18th Oct 2017, 21:20
I believe the only way to get an EASA TR on your licence is to do a recognised EASA TR course. The RAF certainly have pilots flying types that are effectively EASA approved, but have no 'civilian' qualification or easy way to gain one.

GipsyMagpie
30th Oct 2017, 07:27
Does anyone know the process to transfer a rating onto an EASA licence that’s being flown on the military Reg?

Full EASA approved type but flown as captain and instructor on the military Reg so no civilian TR course done but in current flying and teaching practice.

Been there done that and you do not need to do the full type rating course. I made the leap from an A109E to a civil type rating. You need to do the full type ground school and the groundschool exam. Then it's training as required and test. Likely training as required will be nil since you are in current practice (but up to ATO). I went straight to test.

PM me if you need more gen.

GM

GipsyMagpie
30th Oct 2017, 07:28
I believe the only way to get an EASA TR on your licence is to do a recognised EASA TR course. The RAF certainly have pilots flying types that are effectively EASA approved, but have no 'civilian' qualification or easy way to gain one.
Mercifully you are not quite correct. Happy to point to relevant rules if you are looking to make the leap.

cessnapete
30th Oct 2017, 08:08
The A330 Voyager conversion is carried out by civilian company, an EASA approved course, as Airtanker operate civilian registered A330s too.
An ALTP/ EASA TR can be and has been signed of by the TRE during the RAF course. (Obviously the appropriate license exams must have been completed) You are issued with an EASA A330/350 Type Rating.
A great help in a possible future airline career!

7th Nov 2017, 13:49
Is there a FFS associated with your type and is it run by an ATO? If so you can get your TR done by them in the sim and have it added to your licence.