PDA

View Full Version : CAP 85, withdrawn ?

SimJock
17th Jul 2002, 09:12
Can anyone advise if CAP 85 has been withdrawn ? I can find no reference to it the current CAA pubs list at documedia and yet the IMC confuser book still contains references to it..

I am interested in the list of Controlled airspace that is "notified for the purposes of ANO schedule 8", which apparently was Appendix 6 in CAP 85. Where is this info now ?

Thanks

Warped Factor
17th Jul 2002, 11:38
SJ,

Have a look at.....

UK AIP ENR 1.4 (http://www.ais.org.uk/uk_aip/aip/pdf/enr/20104.pdf)

WF.

SimJock
17th Jul 2002, 14:09
thanks... so.. (trying to understand)

If a bit of airspace IS notified for Schedule 8 ANO then a normal PPL can fly in it provided visibility > 3km. IE White Waltham flying area in London Class A CTR

If a bit of airspace IS NOT notified, then a PPL may not fly in it but an IMC rated PPL pilot may fly under IFR in it, but only if it is Class D ?

Are the above correct ?

Sorry to appear so slow !

:(

GoneWest
17th Jul 2002, 16:48
There no longer is airspace notified for the purposes of schedule 8 - and if you really wanted to see the list, why not look at schedule 8 of the ANO rather than the confuser or CAP 58 (which has, yes, been withdrawn).

Warped Factor
17th Jul 2002, 23:03
Gone West,

There no longer is airspace notified for the purposes of schedule 8 - and if you really wanted to see the list, why not look at schedule 8 of the ANO rather than the confuser or CAP 58 (which has, yes, been withdrawn).

There is still airspace notified for Schedule 8, but perhaps not in the way you are remembering.....the old increased "specified minimum weather provisions" for VFR.

If that is what SimJock's IMC Confuser is referring to then it is indeed out of date.

As I read it the current referral to Schedule 8 allows a reduction in the visibilty minima for a basic PPL on a SVFR flight in CAS notified for the purpose of Schedule 8.

Have a look at the AIP link above and then the appropriate part of Schedule 8 and see what you think......

WF.

Warped Factor
17th Jul 2002, 23:10
SimJock,

If a bit of airspace IS notified for Schedule 8 ANO then a normal PPL can fly in it provided visibility > 3km. IE White Waltham flying area in London Class A CTR

As I read it, correct.

If a bit of airspace IS NOT notified, then a PPL may not fly in it but an IMC rated PPL pilot may fly under IFR in it, but only if it is Class D ?

IMC rated PPL can fly IFR in any UK Class D.

Basic or IMC rated PPL can fly VFR/VMC in any UK Class D.

In Class D airspace notified for Schedule 8 a basic PPL can accept a SVFR clearance in lower weather (viz) minima than airspace not notified under Schedule 8.

That's how I read it anyway.

WF.