PDA

View Full Version : EASA ATPL-H to EASA CPL-A/IR

hmb77
25th Sep 2017, 19:37
Hello,

I'm looking into seeking the opportunities of the fixed wing world with an EASA ATPL-H and 6000 hours of rotary wing time under my belt. About half of those as commander in the S92A.

I will do the reading myself, but would anyone please point me to the applicable regulations so that I can find out how much of my helicopter time will count towards obtaining an EASA CPL/IR-A? Google is not very helpful on this subject.

The EASA approved schools in the US encourages me to get in touch with the (in my case Norwegian) authorities to find out. When I call them I end up with several different answers based on who I'm talking to. It seems like nobody is actually capable of providing a correct answer.

I learned from when I converted my FAA licenses to JAR that anything not confirmed in writing is not worth anything. There is no point in even trying to say "....but your colleague told me that...."

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

parkfell
25th Sep 2017, 21:45
Speak to Bristol groundschool or any of the other providers

rudestuff
26th Sep 2017, 20:37
Getting the right info is easy. Getting hold of someone at the CAA who understands it is quite another!

Basically you need to:
Take 5 exams.
Get yourself a PPL(A).
Get 10 hours XC to qualify for the IR - Inc a 300miler to qualify for the CPL
Do 6 hours in an MEP (you don't need to pass the test).
Do a 10 hour IR conversion in an MEP.
Once you have enough hours, do a 15 hour CPL course. You can credit 100 hours of helicopter time towards the CPL(A)
You can get a CPL/MEIR with 100 FW hours but unfortunately you'll need 70 hours PIC to get a type rating.

spamrock
7th Jan 2018, 21:00
Interesting thread. I would also like to know the answer. I assume that rudestuff knows his rude stuff :ok: but I would also (like the original poster) like to know what regs these are taken from??? ps great answer rudestuff!