PDA

View Full Version : Royal Air Maroc

J74
15th Sep 2017, 12:37
Hello dear Collegues,
anybody knows closely RAM and could give me more details about lifestyle in Casablanca?
What about FO salary...through Rishworth it seems to be 5K fixed plus fixed per diem 500 Eur. montly, plus a 1k allowance for accomodation.
So Can I expect 5.5K fixed each month?
Do you have the possibility to Commute?
How many monthly hours do they schedule you ?

Someone knows some information about the Assessment Process?

Any tips or information is much appreciated.

J74
2nd Nov 2017, 16:44
I just come back from CASA,
anyone involved in the process?

E737NG
4th Nov 2017, 20:10
Hi J74,

Any info to share?
I am asking myself the same question.
Thanks

autoflight
5th Nov 2017, 12:19
Please don't ever think you're going to get a fair deal in RAM. Past problems involved accommodation. Certainly more than US$1000 pm, transport included in contract but only provided between Casa Mhd V and Petit Aeroport d'Anfa. Difficult to get taxi at 2am after a week flying around the Sahara. Your contract will be with Rishworth. If they refuse to be directly responsible for a penalty payment for RAM failure to perform, I would stay right away from them.

Rishworth will likely be actually responsible for your salary, but if RAM is responsible for allowances, who is to say that an expat will get flights with good allowances, and if they did, will those amounts, and the accommodation allowance be promptly paid, if at all? Maybe you will get flights where the normal allowance would be $1000, but you are stuck with $500?

Flight duty time limitations were dangerous. Rest period commenced at engine shutdown and finished at engine start. 12 hours on, 7 hours off could result in 4 hours actual in an overnight hotel in Bamako.

The locals are used to that, but do not take kindly to 5 years without rec leave. This is the only reason they tolerate expats.

It would be real handy if you are fluent in French. If you speak ME Arabic, don't expect to be understood.

Poor regard for minimum altitudes with made up tracking during domestic approaches.

I suggest not depositing funds in a bank in Casa. They think it is their money, not yours.

If you are really desperate, go for it, but with eyes open and a bag packed.

It might be older information, but it is first hand. My final suggestion would be that all applicants PM each other and agree to insist a Rishworth contract be US$10K pm paid directly by them, without any of the fiddly bits. The locals are probably ready to strike due workload and no leave.

E737NG
6th Nov 2017, 18:33
Thanks autoflight for the feedback.
Were you there long time ago? Things could have changed or is it the same thing?

Thanks

autoflight
7th Nov 2017, 07:06
E737NG,
Let us just say that RAM left me wth an indelible impression that was shared by my expat friends there. If RAM intended to improve, they had ample opportunity to do so at the time.