PDA

View Full Version : HKA A350 recruitment

bluesideoops
14th Sep 2017, 08:42
Let the poaching begin! (sure it already has :})

bringbackthe80s
14th Sep 2017, 09:50
Could someone explain to me realistically what a CX 350 FO would gain by moving to HKA??

raven11
14th Sep 2017, 10:51
Hmmm
A sign on bonus for Hong Kong license holders...and a quick command....and no more pay cuts every couple of years....

And a 20/10 roster?....Gee, I didn't know it was possible to build a commuting roster? Isn't that like rocket science? You surely must need a massive computing system?

Bangaluru
18th Sep 2017, 03:06
It isn't really a commuting roster. 20/10/10/20/20/10/10. 40 days on 20 days off isn't enough to "live" somewhere else.

But your point is still valid and well taken.

Krone
18th Sep 2017, 03:57
How long before they are asking for rated A350 skippers?

If they improve the commuting package they might poach a few EASA 330/350 rated guys from CX/KA. But probably not.

Strewth
19th Sep 2017, 02:48
Norwegian hires 140 Ryanair crew. (https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ryanair-cancellation-norweg-air-shut/norwegian-air-says-has-recruited-more-than-140-pilots-from-ryanair-idUKKCN1BT151) Reuters 180917

Ryanair cancels 2024 flights! (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4894824/Ryanair-accused-misleading-customers-compensation.html) The Daily Mail 180917

bringbackthe80s
19th Sep 2017, 07:34
The way I see it from outside, as I've said before, this is a very good opportunity with a healty expanding airline with nice aircraft and destinations.

Now, for a CX 350 FO to leave CX and go there, disregarding what people say on here, I believe it when I see it!

IGNITIONS
19th Sep 2017, 20:15
The way I see it from outside, as I've said before, this is a very good opportunity with a healty expanding airline with nice aircraft and destinations.

Now, for a CX 350 FO to leave CX and go there, disregarding what people say on here, I believe it when I see it!

Sorry, Don't go there, I flew for them...

Killaroo
20th Sep 2017, 10:11
Average career span at Ryanair is 4.5 years.
Same at HKA.
Not a career airline. Management are pure assholes.

Captain Dart
20th Sep 2017, 10:29
Ryanair not doing so well at the moment- see thread in Terms and Endearment. Seems to be a problem with...umm...not enough pilots.

http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/599355-ryanair-cancelling-flights.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41319482

Killaroo
20th Sep 2017, 13:47
The revolving door continues to spin at HKA. They go in, they go out. Just like Ryanair.
Works for a while - but eventually people cop on and the house of cards collapses. As is now happening at Ryanair.
Any CX/KA guys thinking the grass is greener at HKA need their heads examined. From frying pan to the fire etc.
If you failed at CX/KA you can have a go at HKA. You've probably got nothing to lose but your remaining self respect.

Below the glide
23rd Sep 2017, 00:26
How long before they are asking for rated A350 skippers?

If they improve the commuting package they might poach a few EASA 330/350 rated guys from CX/KA. But probably not.
EASA? Why’s that then? The HKCAD for now don’t have any provisions for A350 type only, as say Qatar has.

The intentions would be to hire A330 rated guys (appropriately experienced) and then after completion of the CTR, fly single fleet. (SFF is flying both variants).

I guess, HKCAD have seen the gap in this and will soon have an approved methodology of a specific type in their system.

WingsAir
23rd Sep 2017, 09:58
anyone know how long till command at HKA if you join direct on A350? for someone looking to build command hours then leave it seems good compared to cathay's 12years

a370
23rd Sep 2017, 13:59
Go to the back of the Q bozo brains. CX is the place for you, until you learn respect and manners, you can make their beds and listen to their clap trap all the way around the world.

It makes their day you know , getting newbies all hot under the collar about their expertise.

bringbackthe80s
23rd Sep 2017, 14:39
Ahhahahhaha a370 surely is in the queue..and loving it!

Killaroo
23rd Sep 2017, 15:05
A massive amount of **** is about to hit Hong Kong Airlines through the Media and the Courts. Named individuals in Flight Ops Management will soon have their feet held to the fire in public. I can't wait to see thiose b'stards squirm. And its going to cost some of them their jobs, and the company a ton of money.
Just watch the news - you're about to see what you're getting yourselves into.

Below the glide
24th Sep 2017, 01:36
A massive amount of **** is about to hit Hong Kong Airlines through the Media and the Courts. Named individuals in Flight Ops Management will soon have their feet held to the fire in public. I can't wait to see thiose b'stards squirm. And its going to cost some of them their jobs, and the company a ton of money.
Just watch the news - you're about to see what you're getting yourselves into.

Why’s that then? Rattled your cage a little bit have they? 😜

By the way....this was a recruitment thread wasn’t it?

Killaroo
24th Sep 2017, 11:45
HaHa!
Don't like your parade being pissed on? Only 'approved propaganda' allowed?
Scammer!

Killaroo
28th Sep 2017, 12:46
You'll need a translation - or maybe not. (http://hkm.appledaily.com/detail.php?issue=20170923&guid=57245586&category_guid=6996647&category=instant)
A picture paints a thousand words.

Killaroo
30th Sep 2017, 02:58
Hey, Below The Glide, more bad news. You getting it yet?

Hong Kong Express cancels 18 ?golden week? flights to Japan and South Korea | South China Morning Post (http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/economy/article/2113466/hong-kong-express-cancels-18-golden-week-flights-japan-and)

bringbackthe80s
30th Sep 2017, 03:39
“The airline has been asked to submit a long-term solution on insufficient manpower as soon as possible,” the spokesman said,

It really is the same song all over the world

Killaroo
30th Sep 2017, 14:08
Another Senior FO quit yesterday.

sewerpiper
1st Oct 2017, 14:17
Another Senior FO quit yesterday.

Hmmm... Not sure if you are talking about me or the other FO here that just left, but we both left because we got really good jobs back home. Not because HKA is terrible... I don't want to speak for the other guy, just for the record, I liked my time at HKA and if they would fix some minor problems it would be a great place to work. Some of the people involved with the recent safety related issues that resulted in termination here had some bad attitudes which is what brought the **** storm onto them. Should HKA have pursued them over this? Probably a bad move, as it wasn't solid enough. The management just had enough and was hoping for a break and should have waited for something better that surely would have come along. As an expat you can't be loud and opinionated and not expect some blow back. Smile and nod and be respectful, and only speak up when you see a safety problem, no problem at HKA in my experience. This is the way I always acted and I had no problems with management here. If you are loud and opinionated about every little issue sending emails and chewing ass about stupid **** than flip **** when you see something seriously wrong(rare if ever here), than your past lack of benevolence with other people from very different cultures will rain down upon you and rightfully so in my opinion. Show a bit of respect and these problems would have been solved in a cordial way. You reap what you sow.
Good luck HKA. Your all set to bring down the green monster.

Trafalgar
1st Oct 2017, 14:29
sewerpipe. An excellent precis on how to demonstrate maturity and good judgement. Wish you all the best back home in your new job (and many of my colleagues are planning on doing the same). And as an employee of the 'green monster', you are correct: HKA is going to do serious damage to this airline.

Gnadenburg
1st Oct 2017, 15:27
Trafalgar.

If the HKA / HKE pilots didn't fly for such low conditions of service, you would not be losing your housing. These guys are the catalysts for the demise of pilot conditions.

Airline management sees these guys living in Tung Chung like blue taxi drivers so, of course, expect to be under siege as this is your price point of professional competition.

Killaroo
1st Oct 2017, 15:48
The FO I'm talking about quit without notice.
So obviously not you.

I'm sure you're aware numerous pilots there have done same because they felt absolutely no obligation to an employer who abused them.

Or maybe they were just all lesser men than you, eh?

Frankly your post reeks of racism - you infer that 'the expats' should shut their mouths and kowtow, like who?
HKA is probably 75% expat by the way.
That's a lot of kowtowing.

The management just had enough and was hoping for a break and should have waited for something better that surely would have come along.

Revealing language for any prospective new-joiners. If you don't kowtow they lie in wait to get you.
And the 'break' you refer to them waiting for could be a broken aircraft and broken bodies.
You've condemned them more eloquently than I ever could.

cpahka
2nd Oct 2017, 00:06
The FO I'm talking about quit without notice.
So obviously not you......

'without notification' to leave HKA got proper arrangement released for a long service years SF/O, love to hear more !

Killaroo
2nd Oct 2017, 00:37
English please.

Freehills
2nd Oct 2017, 00:49
Trafalgar.

If the HKA / HKE pilots didn't fly for such low conditions of service, you would not be losing your housing. These guys are the catalysts for the demise of pilot conditions.

Airline management sees these guys living in Tung Chung like blue taxi drivers so, of course, expect to be under siege as this is your price point of professional competition.

Correct. HKA/HKE have shown what is a market salary for pilots in HK. CX will believe they only need to be a little bit above this.

Below the glide
2nd Oct 2017, 07:26
I’m really interested to see the difference in reoponse now from perhaps the guys over at CX. The housing allowances dissolved within 3 months, the salaries are in fact quite competitive.

I agree, a few things need to be addressed at HKA. Not in terms of physical $$ but in benefits.

In addition, I believe the prospects at HKA, now expanding dramatically, would be beneficial for the boys kind awaited commands and subdued to physical and mental stress from another regime.

HKA doesn’t care of colour or race or Masonic lodge, you turn comes, you’re assessed, and if successful, you continis with your command.

This will last for at least another 4-5 years then flatline/slow down. As demonstrated with middle esteem operators.

There’s always a need.
Stay safe.

ANTIPHOLUS
2nd Oct 2017, 11:01
English please:-

Sadly, the death was announced today of the man that invented the predictive text system. His funfair will take place on monkey at tree o click o_O

Killaroo
2nd Oct 2017, 16:29
https://blogs.ancientfaith.com/orthodoxbridge/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2014/11/obrazek_1idiommmmsmm.jpg

morningcoffee
4th Oct 2017, 00:07
When HKA first arrived on the scene more than one CX pilot said it was wonderful as it would force CX to be more competitive.
In hindsight I assume they meant in all areas except for pilot remuneration.

Killaroo
5th Oct 2017, 11:54
The DoT just quit.
So did head of CSD.
So did head of Perf ENG

Oh, and the head of Corpoate Security. A good guy.

Dan Winterland
5th Oct 2017, 14:31
Oh, and the head of Corpoate Security. A good guy.

The best, in fact. His previous job as head of safety at KA saw them have the best safety management system of any airline in Asia. Unfortunately, Asian airlines aren't ready for 'new safety' and it's no surprise that he didn't last long at HKA either.

Brix
9th Oct 2017, 11:31
Any age limit for F/O applications?

petrichor
10th Oct 2017, 01:42
Back to the original post......
Have not heard good things from HKA such as, promised RT to LT for ratedcaptqins who join, only to see the promise disappear in the wind. Courses, upgrades and practically everything else is a function of who you know. Management culture worse than CX if that's at all possible!!!

A350HK
10th Oct 2017, 03:39

Not apparently so.

cpahka
10th Oct 2017, 11:49

under law of discrimination. only internal to know!