PDA

View Full Version : FromFrom PPRuNe Aircrew Forums. Military Aviation section

76fan
13th Sep 2017, 10:01
Thread starter .... cynicalint.

The People's Spitfire Pilot
The RAF Museum has started a poll to find the People's Spitfire pilot. However, the pilot must have flown MkV spits and can be any nationality. The Museum states that they will not produce a definitive list to vote from, and then produces a list of 11 pilots, two of whom are British and the remaining are from the commonwealth. In the comments section of the link below are already some inflammatory comments and some controversial views expressed. Having removed the Battle of Britain Hall at Hendon, is this the next row in the development of the Museum?

Bergerie1
13th Sep 2017, 15:01
What a stupid idea. Typical of the dumbing down seen in so many museums recently. How can the general public judge the relative merits of various Spitfire pilots when they know so little about them? And what about the Hurricane pilots?

I would have hoped the RAF Museum would have know better.

roving
13th Sep 2017, 16:22
We live in an era of popularism where opinions are formed by those who control social media which they employ to guide the people to select who are the 'real' heroes (and conversely who are the real villains), and woe betide anyone who challenges this orthodoxy.

Goebbels would have been impressed that the system he employed to brain wash the Germans into believing they were a superior race, is enjoying a renaissance.

Blacksheep
14th Sep 2017, 12:08
I was going to write a comment giving my personal opinion but have changed my mind as I don't want to be banned.

OMG Itz Fulovstarz
14th Sep 2017, 15:06
Having read the comments here, and in the military section, and on other forums regarding this vote, I believe that we should all take the p*ss and vote for:-

Squadron Leader Spitty McSpitface

Worked with naming a boat, didn't it.....??

Pass it on.....

Herod
14th Sep 2017, 15:55
Squadron Leader Spitty McSpitface

Glad we agree. Post 20, military section.

OMG Itz Fulovstarz
16th Sep 2017, 14:41
Mr. Herod,

Re. post 20, I apologise profusely!! Missed your post on the military section - should have gone to Spectsavers....

Sorry!

P.S. Still think it's a good name....