PDA

View Full Version : NDB DME required???

izlem
24th Aug 2017, 20:49
Hi , I'm a bit confused.
There is a notam says that the NDB is U/S. Another notam says that the DME is U/S. Approach plate title is ILS DME and NDB DME required noted in the plan view. Without VFR do we have any chance to do this approach with a 738? Thanks for the answers.

gijoe
25th Aug 2017, 12:53
Er....ILS....fly the cross all the way down?

BEagle
25th Aug 2017, 12:55

Only if the ILS/DME approach includes a 'DME inop' contingency procedure.

TheOddOne
25th Aug 2017, 13:15
Maybe there are still markers. Even our Club aircraft have OMI receivers, though I don't believe there are any such beacons left in the UK.
Which aerodrome is this?

TOO

izlem
25th Aug 2017, 13:31
[QUOTE=TheOddOne;9872638]Maybe there are still markers. Even our Club aircraft have OMI receivers, though I don't believe there are any such beacons left in the UK.
Which aerodrome is this?

TOO[/QUOTE
The aerodrome is LTCB 🙄Today all companies cancelled their flights.

izlem
25th Aug 2017, 13:33

Nope, We can't , i know what you mean. But.. 🙄

MrAverage
25th Aug 2017, 15:34
OP is in Turkey............

Non-PC Plod
26th Aug 2017, 13:45
Sorry, unless I'm missing something, "required" means "required". Its quite clear. You cannot choose to replace the missing facility with markers or anything else. I am guessing the NDB and DME are probably for the missed approach procedure. If you cannot comply with the MAP, you cant fly the approach. Look and see if there is a temporary procedure published to replace this one while it is unavailable.

ersa
27th Aug 2017, 01:06
Can you show us the approach plate , but i doubt it, as the missed approach will need the ndb with the DME or sometimes use GNSS in lieu