PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Sun

papaindia55 flaps
15th Jul 2002, 17:33
Saw a Virgin Sun Airbus at Dublin today. I thought Virgin Sun aircraft & livery were no more (taken over by Air 2000 some time ago). Anybody know the score?

fcom
15th Jul 2002, 18:33
They have been holed up at Bristol Filton since Nov.1st. I guess they have an operator over there to take on the lease at last.

papaindia55 flaps
16th Jul 2002, 07:45
Thanks for that fcom. Next question obviously is "who are the new operators, and do they have any jobs?"

TLA901
16th Jul 2002, 08:55
The aircraft in question is G-VTAN an A320 the aircraft is in Dublin for maintance with FLS while in Dublin the aircraft will also be painted white.

Two other other ex Virgin aircraft are also in Dublin and have been for the past two months the first G-VKIS which is also an ex Virgin Sun aircraft and G-VATH which is an ex Virgin Atlantic aircraft used on their LGW/LHR-ATH flights. The later two are painted white with only red engine cowlings that make them distinct. They were to leased to Air Alfa of Turkey however the deal failed to happen.

papaindia55 flaps
19th Jul 2002, 11:10
Thanks TLA901. I don't suppose you know who the present owners are? International Lease Finance perhaps or similar? I guess if someone is going to the trouble of having them resprayed etc, then maybe they are going back into service. Question is who and where? Hopefully UK somewhere and getting some people their jobs back!