PDA

View Full Version : Unruly passenger arrested after Air Canada flight returns to Toronto

a330pilotcanada
3rd Aug 2017, 13:30
Good Morning All:

I wonder if booze or drugs were a factor but assaulting a crew member??

Throw the book at the miscreant..

An Air Canada flight was flown back to Toronto's Pearson International Airport on Wednesday night due to an "unruly
passenger."
Peel Regional Police say a flight attendant was assaulted during an incident on board the aircraft and suffered minor injuries.
The flight was bound for Budapest, Hungary and a police spokesman says he believes the plane was as far east as Nova Scotia when the pilot turned around and flew back to Toronto.
The unidentified passenger was arrested once back at Pearson and police say he is expected to appear in court on Thursday to face an assault charge.
There was no immediate information about the man's age or nationality

Unruly passenger arrested after Air Canada flight returns to Toronto - Toronto - CBC News (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/pearson-plane-passenger-1.4233247)

rog747
3rd Aug 2017, 13:45
never happened in our day - now this is a daily occurrence for airlines to cope with

albatross
3rd Aug 2017, 17:01
Why would they go all the way back to Toronto instead of Montreal or even Halifax?

+TSRA
3rd Aug 2017, 17:48
Why would they go all the way back to Toronto instead of Montreal or even Halifax?

Burn off of fuel? Perhaps both YUL and YHZ were too close and would have resulted in circling for as long as it took to go back to YYZ.

JimR
4th Aug 2017, 00:20
Enough is enough! Charge him with all the expenses for fuel, passengers inconvenience etc. Maybe ruin him for life but this is getting ridiculous!!!

ZFT
4th Aug 2017, 01:58
Enough is enough! Charge him with all the expenses for fuel, passengers inconvenience etc. Maybe ruin him for life but this is getting ridiculous!!!

TG did just that with a Formula 1 person that caused a turn back a few years ago.

Cost him his career IIRC

KelvinD
5th Aug 2017, 08:32
In the 1980s I was travelling on a Gulf Air L1011 from Cairo to Bahrain. While preparing to depart, a lunatic wearing a thobe, dish cloth and fan belt began stomping up and down the cabin, ranting and raving. To me, he looked absolutely pi**ed as a hand cart. The cabin crew seemed to do a good job of calming him down. I remember, among other things, he was demanding to be seated in first class, although he had an economy class ticket. At some point in the flight, he invaded first class and resumed being a complete toe rag. When we arrive in Bahrain, the aircraft was parked away from the terminal and we were bussed in. On the way off the plane, we had to pass this lunatic still ranting and raving and having a go at the pair of policemen who were there to meet him, including some racist shouts. The ordinary PCs in Bahrain were mainly Pakistani and this bloke was giving it the old "I am an Arab and you are only lowly Pakistanis so you can't tell me what to do. And by the way, I am travelling on to Abu Dhabi so I am not getting off". As I boarded the bus, I turned around just in time to see the pair of policemen grab this bloke by the arms and throw him down the aircraft steps. Quite literally threw him! At the bottom of the steps was another pair of policemen who grabbed him and again literally threw him into the back of a Land Rover. And the passengers on the bus cheered! I have no idea what became of him but, from my experience of the Middle East he would have spent some time in a rather unfriendly Bahraini prison and no doubt the policemen had told their Pakistani colleagues in the prison all about him.