PDA

View Full Version : SAFA Inspector

ElNull
20th Jul 2017, 21:37
Is it allowed for a SAFA inespector to ask flights crew technical questions or SOP questions? I need an answer with a reference please

Thanks!

ZeBedie
20th Jul 2017, 22:40
Let me guess - Austria?

ElNull
21st Jul 2017, 04:53
They do that at vienna too, yes! (Why?), But I am asking in general.

FlyingStone
21st Jul 2017, 05:11
How can they ask SOP questions if they don't have access to your manuals before entering the aircraft?

what next
21st Jul 2017, 16:30
I need an answer with a reference please

No answer (too lazy to read those 337 pages) but a reference: http://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/media/4271290/instrucciones_inspecc_y_discrepancias_predef_safa_saca.pdf

These are the current inspection instructions for SAFA ramp inspectors.

NB: Did a very quick search inside the document and found this bit (which was about TCAS):

"Appropriate operational procedures (by checking, whenever possible, the operations manual) "

So at first glance in my understanding the inspector can ask for operational procedures and look them up in the operational manual. Not that it has ever happened to me.

Consol
21st Jul 2017, 19:38
Let me guess - Austria?

Been there. 'Zer is a rivet missing some paint'.

Piltdown Man
21st Jul 2017, 19:45
The civilised inspectors (that almost certainly excludes the jobsworth from the UK) say "I've just got a few things to check. I won't be delaying your flight." Your response is "No problem. What would you like to drink and would you like a small meal or sandwich?" If a less civilised inspector is onboard or if this is met with official belligerence, I'll do the same. So far I've only evicted one inspector. An idiot in Belgium. Didn't hear a thing afterwards despite the squealing.

ElNull
21st Jul 2017, 20:40
By saying "appropriate operational procedures", do they ask about the compnay procedure regarding any matter? Are they allowed to evaluate the flight crew to make sure they are aware/familiar of a specific procedure?