PDA

View Full Version : EASA Line Training question

Sidestick_n_Rudder
19th Jul 2017, 08:46
Hi guys,

What is the minimum amount of Line Training for an experienced and type-rated Capt. changing companies as per EASA regs?

I seem to remember something along the lines of 10 sectors/50hrs in the old JAR-OPS rules, but can't find anything in the new PART-OPS regs... Perhaps it has been moved to some othe part/AMC. Anyone know where to find it?

BizJetJock
19th Jul 2017, 09:46
There is none. It is entirely what the operator agrees with their FOI.
GM1 ORO.FC.220(d) is the only reference, but it only refers to new FOs and Command upgrades. Furthermore it is only guidance, not an AMC, so has no legal standing.
Having said that, I think that 10 sectors is an absolute minimum if you want someone to be familiar with the SOPs and paperwork. It's not just about driving the aeroplane!

Sidestick_n_Rudder
19th Jul 2017, 10:54
I've changed companies all over the world quite a few times, and have seen anything from 4 to 40 sectors. Just thought there was some minimum amount in EASA land...

Will have a look into the ORO part cited above, THX Biz_Jet_Jock.

I am joining as TR wide body DEC and trying to figure out how long my training will last...

Cheers!

Sidestick_n_Rudder
19th Jul 2017, 18:56
I don't have access to OM-D yet...

20 sectors is o.k. in short haul ops, it can be done within a week.

In long haul operations 20 sectors is ~ 160 hours and 2.5 months worth of flying. Hence my question on minimum number of sectors.

Having said that, I have read AMC to part ORO as suggested by BizjetJock and it seems it's at operator's discretion, depending on the pilot's experience and type of operations...

Cheers!