PDA

View Full Version : One Air

giaco
6th Jul 2017, 07:32
hello,
do you know this flight school in Malaga? Is it a good School?
Thanks

giaco
10th Jul 2017, 21:19
Hi,

Yes and maybe, it is a good school if you live in Málaga and you don't care about how long it takes.

Bye

I don't live in Malaga, I'm Italian... they said me that in two months it's possible finish my courses (ir,mep,cpl)

Diver_Driver
26th Jul 2017, 17:05
They can, if the only plane they have don't have any overhaul or other problems.

Ok. Is it really true, that they have only one DA42? I am planning to stay there for achieving the ME IR. So i am interested on getting further information about the ATO due to every think looks very good on the first glance.

So whats about the liability to pass planed missions, due to i am from germany and i have to plan holidays to finish the ratings.

Whats about the accommodations?

Whats about the staffs?

Will be very glad to get good, honest and factual informations. Willingly by PM

Enki.eve
16th Feb 2018, 20:25
Right now they have 1 DA42, I have heard they want to buy more, time will tell.

If you live in Germany and you are gonna go to Malaga to do that, I can not tell you if you will finish on time for sure. Sorry.

I don't know about their accommodations.

The staffs are good right now, but as all fly instructors come and go so fast you can't know who is gonna be there when you go.

Any questions you make I'll try to answer as good as I can. Sorry if I don't give you reassuring answers.
I hope get more information

Enki.eve
17th Feb 2018, 11:24
What do you think better one air in Malaga or aero link in Barcelona?

Enki.eve
18th Feb 2018, 09:27
I have no idea because I don't know how the other school is.

Maybe Malaga have a better weather... But that's all I can say.
thanks my dear for your reply
what idea do you have, about school in Spain except flight school Barcelona, fte?
best regards

erpeor
18th Feb 2018, 12:59
2fly aerodynamics in Malaga are amazing. Very serious, nice instructors and cheap. I did my PPL there

Sou Sou
19th Feb 2018, 05:36
And also more expensive

Sou Sou
14th Mar 2018, 19:46
If you have the money go to FTE.

Enki.eve
14th Apr 2018, 04:28
2fly aerodynamics in Malaga are amazing. Very serious, nice instructors and cheap. I did my PPL there

Can you give me more details about this school please?

sjose
11th May 2018, 16:06
Hi Sou Sou,

I'm planning to do my PPL,IR,ME,CPL and ATPL course at One Air. I've visited the school and it seems a nice school. Unfortunately, I cannot find any past experience with other students.
Can you tell me what is your experience with One Air?

Thank you,

Hello,
Have you managed to get any further information on the school (One Air) by any chance? Did you join the school? I did visit the school last March and like you said it looked very good and they are cheap too. That makes you wonder though what's the catch if there is any?

sjose
13th May 2018, 09:21
I know no one with a good experience with a flight school, when they tell you great things about a school they are lieing. If you are not from Malaga you should think about how much time it will take.
Hello Sou Sou
Have you studied in One Air Malaga? I am thinking about moving to Malaga in June for my ATPL. Could you please tell me what you think about this school? Any insight into the school would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

sjose
15th May 2018, 14:53
My experience is already writen. Where are you from? Do you have a house and/or job in Málaga? Is money a problem for you? Time? It's up to you which is the best flight school for you.
Hi Sou Sou,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I am from Ireland. I don't have a job in Malaga and I am considering to rent for the next 18 months. My main focus is to get the course completed asap. And I am willing to work towards that.
What have you said about your own experience with One Air? Have you already completed the ATPL course with them? Did you have any problem with the school? Have they delivered what they said they would?

sjose
16th May 2018, 14:37
18 months.... if you want to do all the PPL, ATPL,ME-IR, CPL.... It won't be enough time. I know no one who has finished so fast with that school. My old problems with them are complicated. They never delivered what they promised to me. It could be a good school if they gave what they promised.
Hi Sou Sou,
"It won't be enough time" Why did you say that? Could you please give me some details if you wouldn't mind? What happened in your case etc?
Have you completed your course with them yet? Have you switched to a different school even?
I would really appreciate it if you could let me know in detail, please. I don't want to get into a school that might be out there to get students under false promises and won't deliver.
Have you heard about Flybyschool in León by any chance? I can't afford to go to FTE anyway.

iggy
17th May 2018, 00:04
sjose: after almost 2 decades of career and being Spanish myself I don't know why anyone would choose Spain over another EASA member state. Go Portugal if you want to secure clear weather but don't chase the lower price. I have lost the count of failed FTO's that have left students broke and powerless.

Lo barato sale caro.

sjose
17th May 2018, 11:39
sjose: after almost 2 decades of career and being Spanish myself I don't know why anyone would choose Spain over another EASA member state. Go Portugal if you want to secure clear weather but don't chase the lower price. I have lost the count of failed FTO's that have left students broke and powerless.

Lo barato sale caro.

Hello iggy,
Thanks for that. Spain is mainly because of the nice weather and affordable life/fees etc of course. I never thought about Portugal to do flying before. I want to get it done asap and I almost picked out One Air. But, i am having second thoughts after reading some bad reviews here and elsewhere too. Where did you learn to fly?
Do you know any decent schools in Portugal/Spain? Do you have a career in aviation for 2 decades? What would you recommend/suggest for an aspiring pilot when choosing a flight school in a foreign country?

Sou Sou
17th May 2018, 22:28
Hi Sou Sou,
"It won't be enough time" Why did you say that? Could you please give me some details if you wouldn't mind? What happened in your case etc?
Have you completed your course with them yet? Have you switched to a different school even?
I would really appreciate it if you could let me know in detail, please. I don't want to get into a school that might be out there to get students under false promises and won't deliver.
Have you heard about Flybyschool in León by any chance? I can't afford to go to FTE anyway.

I can bet money you won't finish in 18 months... but not with One Air, I say with no Spanish school unless it is FTE. To my best knowledge to be that fast you have to go to the USA. Do your ATPL with CAA or some European agency that let you do the exams fast and covert the FAA license to EASA.
​​​​​

Sou Sou
17th May 2018, 22:38
To be clear, the only guys I know who have finished fast are FTE, 15 months aprox; those who went to the USA, 18 months; One Air, 30 months.

Cheap things are expensive at the end.

iggy
18th May 2018, 01:37
Sjose: I got my initial license in a FTO that doesn't exist anymore. From all the training schools that were around when I was a student none has survived. Yes, I have been flying for almost two decades and going to USA to get your initial training done there makes more sense to me. Get some solid IFR experience and all the hours needed. After that you just need to pass the 14 subjects - not an easy thing - but it will be just a question of time. The most expensive part which are the flight hours, will be much cheaper. In fact, you may be able to fly GA at the states (without getting paid as you won't have a green card) and maybe you'll be able to come back to EU with a 1.000 hours logbook. I fly in Asia and I share the cockpit with cadets from all over the world, the lack of flying skills and instrument scan is alarming. The ones with a FAA license beat the rest by far.

sjose
21st May 2018, 14:29
Sjose: I got my initial license in a FTO that doesn't exist anymore. From all the training schools that were around when I was a student none has survived. Yes, I have been flying for almost two decades and going to USA to get your initial training done there makes more sense to me. Get some solid IFR experience and all the hours needed. After that you just need to pass the 14 subjects - not an easy thing - but it will be just a question of time. The most expensive part which are the flight hours, will be much cheaper. In fact, you may be able to fly GA at the states (without getting paid as you won't have a green card) and maybe you'll be able to come back to EU with a 1.000 hours logbook. I fly in Asia and I share the cockpit with cadets from all over the world, the lack of flying skills and instrument scan is alarming. The ones with a FAA license beat the rest by far.

Hello iggy,
Thanks for that. Do you know any good schools in the US? Would you recommend any?

iggy
21st May 2018, 23:59
No idea, sorry. I've bee away from training for too long.
Buena suerte!

Durden777
1st Jun 2018, 13:03
To be clear, the only guys I know who have finished fast are FTE, 15 months aprox; those who went to the USA, 18 months; One Air, 30 months.

There are full time students that are finishing in 18 months or even less in One Air. Obviously, some of them, part time students, working at the same time... are finishing in about 30 months.
I think that the best way to find out the best school, in that certain moment, is visiting every single school and talking to actual students, as situation can get better or worse (if there are changes in instructors, fleet, sims, etc.).
I can not give an opinion of a school I have no contact with. From my point of view, One Air works pretty well.

ska38
20th Jun 2018, 19:54
Hi everyone,
Considering as well this school but only to finish my CPL IR ME. Any feedback on that specific part? Time constraints are less important since this part can be done quickly and do not require a lot of hours. My concerns are:
- quality of the training
-aircraft availability
- AND the biggest one: employment after

Thanks in advance if anyone could help.

Donatelo
23rd Jun 2018, 04:46
Hi everyone,
Considering as well this school but only to finish my CPL IR ME. Any feedback on that specific part? Time constraints are less important since this part can be done quickly and do not require a lot of hours. My concerns are:
- quality of the training
-aircraft availability
- AND the biggest one: employment after

Thanks in advance if anyone could help.

You may contact me privately

ska38
24th Jun 2018, 07:10
You may contact me privately
You cannot receive PM

Donatelo
24th Jun 2018, 07:50
I should be able to receive emails here. Anyway I emailed you.

Hos lima
19th Jul 2018, 21:35
Hello,
I'm looking for a school offering modular course CPL IR ME.
What do you think about On-air?
Some one are presently study in this school?
I will ready to start the formation near January.

​​​Merci pour vos réponse. Bons vols !

Hos lima
22nd Jul 2018, 15:13
You cannot receive PM

HI Ska38.

Finaly, have you subscribed to one air school?
Have you more feedback about them?
I m looking for a modular CPL IR ME courses . 9 weeks max .

​​​​Thanks for your feedbacks
Hossin,

ska38
22nd Jul 2018, 16:20
Nope, I didn't, I didn't manage either to get feedback from former students or to find information on forums. Therefore I didn't enroll with them.
If anyone has additional info, I would be glad to ear it.

HI Ska38.

Finaly, have you subscribed to one air school?
Have you more feedback about them?
I m looking for a modular CPL IR ME courses . 9 weeks max .

Thanks for your feedbacks
Hossin,

Hos lima
22nd Jul 2018, 16:52
Nope, I didn't, I didn't manage either to get feedback from former students or to find information on forums. Therefore I didn't enroll with them.
If anyone has additional info, I would be glad to ear it.
Thanks for your suply I will visit oneair on August the 12.
Have you an opinion about 2FlyAerodynamics near Malaga too?
Have you find an other school?
For information :
I'm also looking in Greece .. It's mean the same kind of school.
My first choice it's Daimond school at kalmar suede. Expensive but very professional.

Hossin,

Donatelo
15th Aug 2018, 17:27
Thanks for your suply I will visit oneair on August the 12.
Have you an opinion about 2FlyAerodynamics near Malaga too?
Have you find an other school?
For information :
I'm also looking in Greece .. It's mean the same kind of school.
My first choice it's Daimond school at kalmar suede. Expensive but very professional.

Hossin,

Hi

how was your visit?

i should start there in April IR

Hos lima
16th Aug 2018, 13:48
J'ai eu un très bon accueil de la pars du commercial. Les locaux sembles très bien. Le simu principal été en maintenance. Je n'ai pas vu les avions.
La proposition financière que l'on m'a fait est très intéressante.
Cependant, je regrette de n'avoir pas pu rencontrer de stagiaire pilote. Ni de discuter avec un instructeur..
La seul chose que je crains, et de ne pas finir le CPL IR ME en 8 semaines max. Cela serai dramatique.
D'ailleurs, sur le contrat que l'on m'a proposé il est notifié que la formation dure 6 mois max. Verbalement on me promet 6 semaines. Ma décision dépendra de ce paramètre.

En effet, diamond fly en Suède le précise dans le contrat. Formation 8.semaines Fonction de la Météo. 35 heures et 40 de simu.
Mais coûte 10k de plus . .. Avec un simu réplique de D42. Et des vols uniquement sur D42.

Concernant l'école 2 Flys que j'ai visité ensuite, je n'ai pas eu un bon feeling. Mais cela est subjectifs. Il me semble que les installations sont orientées PNC..

​​​​​​Si je choisie oneair ce serai pour commencer début janvier ou février. Je recherche activement des personnes qui
​​ont volé pour un CPL récemment à oneair.

​​​​Voilà ce que je peux dire.

​​​​​

Hos lima
16th Aug 2018, 13:53
Je me demande également si le nombres d'avions est suffisant...

Hos lima
16th Aug 2018, 13:54
Mais d'une manière général j'ai eu une bonne impression.

germanbestier
16th Aug 2018, 13:57
Hola a todos,tengo un hijo que el año próximo quiere estudiar para piloto comercial,iremos a USA en la Proxima semana a visitar varias escuelas de vuelo,entre ellas 2fly propilot, que curiosamente ofrece un entrenamiento de 4 meses en Florida,8 meses en Malaga,y 3 semanas en UK para conseguir una doble titulación FAA y EASA, lo que no termino de entender es la relación entre 2fly y Oneair que es la filial donde ofrecen entrenamiento en Malaga,alguien puede explicármelo ??

One air,al menos hasta lo que había oido un tiempo atras,no tiene buenas referencias aqui en la zona,los tiempos de espera para volar decían ser largos,y se hablaba de cierta informalidad. sigue siendo asi ??

Donatelo
16th Aug 2018, 18:50
I dont speak french, but i am little worried regarding simulator in maintenance

Conr8
30th Aug 2018, 13:20
Hi Guys.
I have booked my ME/IR/CPL with one air in october. I'm hoping to finish the hole thing in 6-8 weeks.

There is a few who have posted good experiences on their facebook page. I have sent them a PM, but they have not replied.
I have also written som of those who had less fortunate experiences. Only one have replied.
Apparently, there has bin major issues regarding lack of planes for the PPL students.
It seems they have upped the game, and as for the CPL/ME students, they now have 2 DA42 as opposed to only one earlier.

They are not the best to reply, so I'm still a little nervous as to wether I'm doing the right thoing. I hope so.
Has anyone in here had any real life experiences with them (and not just passin on what they have heard).

The price however... Is not matched anywhere in the EU.

Best Regards
Conr8

Conr8
30th Aug 2018, 13:27
La seul chose que je crains, et de ne pas finir le CPL IR ME en 8 semaines max. Cela serai dramatique.
D'ailleurs, sur le contrat que l'on m'a proposé il est notifié que la formation dure 6 mois max. Verbalement on me promet 6 semaines. Ma décision dépendra de ce paramètre.
​​​​​

Hi Hos Lima.
(I'll write in english, so you will have to do the google translate magic yourself :-)
I recieved an updated contract. It states the duration to max 3 months. This works both ways, as I will not be axed if I can not finish in 6 weeks.
Did you book the courses with them?

Hos lima
30th Aug 2018, 20:38
Hi Hos Lima.
(I'll write in english, so you will have to do the google translate magic yourself :-)
I recieved an updated contract. It states the duration to max 3 months. This works both ways, as I will not be axed if I can not finish in 6 weeks.
Salut conr8,
Merci de partager ton avis sur cette école.
J'attend que l'école ouvre en septembre pour les contacter à nouveau. Je pense sérieusement réserver pour janvier 2019.
Cependant je me pose encore quelques questions :

​-Il me semble que 3000e d'acompte pour la Réservation est conséquent. Surtout pour une réservation 5 mois à l'avance..
-J'espère pouvoir discuter avec un moniteur avant l'inscription pour parler en détail du programme des vols.
​​​​​​-aucun feedback concret de stagiaire en cours de formation.
​​​​​​- combien de stagiaire par stage session.
​​​​​​
Par ailleurs, j'ai reçu un très bon accueil.

Quel prix vous a été demandé pour le cpl ir me ? Vous avez prit l'hébergement également ?
Des Informations sur la qualité de l'hébergement ?
Vous êtes espagnol ?

​​​​​Seriez vous d'accord pour que l'on discute de ça par WhatsApp s'il vous plaît ?

Merci

Ps: j écris en français pour être sur d'exprimer avec exactitude ce que je souhaite. 😉
​​​​

Hmflyer
4th Oct 2018, 23:23
Hi, i’m new to this forum so hope i’m posting in the right section.

I am currently in the UK and have been looking into going to Spain to get my flying licence as the dream is Commercial Pilot.

Due to poor weather and high costs in the UK i dont seem to be making the progress i would of hoped for.

I’v noticed a few posts from people asking if anyone has any feedback on Grupo One Air based out of Malaga but nobody seems to have given any concrete reviews. (These posts are two years old or more).

Has anyone been recently and can they shed some light as to the experience they had? Or recommend any other schools apart from FTE Jerez as they are full till end of 2019 and I can wait another year.

Look forward to sone replies...

palmasoft
21st Oct 2018, 21:31
I'm new too and I am seriously thinking on signing up in One Air in 2019.

OttoPiloto
23rd Oct 2018, 15:23
Hi Hos Lima.

Hi Conr8. It seems it not possible for me to get any PM, it's not working due to full inbox (although I've emptied it)... you can write to me to [email protected]

Thanks!

You can’t use the Private Messaging system in or out, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

Hmflyer
5th Dec 2018, 23:24
I'm new too and I am seriously thinking on signing up in One Air in 2019.

Unfortunately One Air cant take me on due to no spaces available. Next available course is from 0-ATPL. I have alot of hours already from my ppl training here in the UK.

Any other recommendations from anyone?

Would appriciate any help I can get.

Conr8
14th Dec 2018, 14:53
Hi again.
Well, with my ME/IR/CPL fresh in the bag (finished November 28 2018), I can now share my experience with One Air.

In short: If you are going for ME/IR/CPL, I can only recommend them.
I started October 1st. Course price was 17.500 €, of which 2000 € was paid in advance as a deposit.
This included the course, all the flying and landing fees, exams, and accommodation and food at a nearby dorm.
The updated contract stated a duration of max. 3 months.

On the phone, I was told that the whole course could be done in 6 weeks, but most people ended up or chose to do it in 8 weeks.
Had the weather been better, I might just have been able to do it in 7 weeks, but I did it in 8.

Their facilities concerning the ME/IR/CPL is close to optimal.
They have a Garmin 1000 simulator for the initial Garmin training. An ALSIM FNTP II flight simulator for the IR training, two DA42's for the ME/IR part and a DA40 for 10 hours out of the 15 for the CPL.
We were 4 who started at the same time. We all had different prerequisites, but none of us had more than the bare minimum required hours to start the course.
I had to do a couple of extra hours in the G1000 sim to improve my workflow and then 1½ hour extra in the ALSIM. This I had to pay 200 € extra for.
There is not much theory included in the course, and you are expected to know your ATPL theory.
ME/IR flights are flown from Malaga Airport. The 10 hours on the DA40 are flown from a nearby airfield, La Axarquia (40 min. drive from Malaga), and then the last 5 hrs. on the DA42 back in Malaga Airport.

What would be my recommendations for anyone doing the course?
Well, there is a couple of things.
1. The dorm, Teatinos University Residence, is included in the price. It is a clean place that has recently been renovated (so the old reviews on Google do not do them justice).
You get room with a bed, a desk, a chair and you share a bathroom/toilet (4 rooms to 2 bathrooms).
The other inhabitants are mostly young people (16-20 is my guess), and the rules at the place reflects this. There is one block for women and one for men. No visit in the rooms from the opposite sex. Not a problem for me, but my two good friends at the course was a couple. It was hard for them not being able to stay together. Also, you won't be allowed to have a fridge in your room. Spain can be very hot in the summer, so that kind of sucks. Just be prepared for it, and you will learn to do without.
You need transportation to the school and the airport. I brought my mountainbike. It took me 20 minutes to the school. However, when I started flying, I rented a car. By bus, the trip is about an hour.

2. The school do what they can to finish you on time. They are lacking instructors, but that should be taken care of by the next course.

3. The course is very cheap and compressed (which is probably why you are considering them right?)
This means that you are supposed to be familiar with the instrument procedures BEFORE you go flying. This can be accomplished by using a free Garmin 1000 simulator found on the internet, an old laptop and an instrument procedures manual (one will be provided, but you can download them of the internet).

4. Food is provided at the canteen at the dorm. If you are flying late or in the sim at night (yes, it is operated 24 hrs. a day), they can make you a sandwich or a tapas to bring, or save some lunch/dinner for you.

So you won’t have a lot of expenses. Do take into account that you need to go out now and then and socialize, go to the cinema, drive to beautiful Granada or Seville, buy gas and personal stuff and so on.
And If you are like me, you might need a little extra SIM time. Better have a economic backup plan for that just in case.

Well, I think that is more or less what I have.
They just started a PPL to MCC course of 32 students. I cannot give you any advice on their behalf because it is a very different course.
Don't hesitate to ask if you have a question.
However, I'm struggling with this "only 1 message and your inbox is full" problem.

You can’t use the Private Messaging system in or out, add url links or images until you have an established posting history. Email should be open for you both in and out.

Now it's all about getting a flying job with my low hours from here... And the jobs are there :-)

Kind regards to you all, blue skies and best of luck.
Conr8

a334
24th Dec 2018, 18:08
Hello all

Has anyone done an ICAO to EASA conversion at this school recently? I am trying to narrow down my options to a few a schools and wanted to gather as much info as possible.

Donatelo
10th Jan 2019, 10:44
Conr8

I sent you an email, Thanks

brocken_spectre
15th Feb 2019, 09:02
Just opening this thread back up.

I've been trying to get ahold of One Air for the past 2 weeks and it's proving to be as difficult as getting an answer from a politician. I managed to get through to a reception lady three times, having to leave a message as this mysterious figure 'Cian' seems to always be on a conference call and he'll call me back after - which has yet to materialise.

It's difficult to rule out the ATO, as it's a good price on a nice fleet and I've spoken to two past students who have highly rated them.

Does anyone have any more information on them or who are currently studying there?

captaingorgeous
22nd Feb 2019, 08:21
Dear brocken_spectre

I also have some friends having this problem. I have a signed contract with One Air and actually paid 2000€ in advance for the CPL/ME-IR course and I am expected to start during summer, but I read some very negative reviews about this school on spanish forums, as I am not a Spanish speaker is very difficult for me to understand just by using google translate.

Any past experiences with One Air would be really appreciated, I wouldn't like to waste even more money.

Kind regards

brocken_spectre
22nd Feb 2019, 20:58
Dear brocken_spectre

I also have some friends having this problem. I have a signed contract with One Air and actually paid 2000€ in advance for the CPL/ME-IR course and I am expected to start during summer, but I read some very negative reviews about this school on spanish forums, as I am not a Spanish speaker is very difficult for me to understand just by using google translate.

Any past experiences with One Air would be really appreciated, I wouldn't like to waste even more money.

Kind regards

I’d be very careful - I recently spoke to somebody who lost their deposit as they didn’t receive a response to their cancellation request. I’ve still yet to get ahold of One Air so I think I’m going to save the worry and go elsewhere.

It’s a shame, but I’m not going risk the huge amount of money it costs for a CPL/ME/IR on a company who can’t manage the bare minimum of communication.

I’ve also been told that all the 5-star reviews on their Facebook page are from employees and also the management of the training is piss-poor. Sim sessions are booked only a week in advance and flying a day before!

Urco
6th Mar 2019, 10:45

Lo barato sale caro.
I am also spanish, and flying for an spanish airline, actually A 340 and A 350. I can't believe what you are saying. My son is joinning next september an spanish school. Many of my colleages' sons and daughters are studiing or going to start at an spanish school.
I haven't heard about One in Malaga, but believe me, if its an approved ATO, can be trusted.

Urco
6th Mar 2019, 10:50

FTE is ok, hiperexpensive, and you will have to pass an exam to enter. In your dreams will finish in 15 months. And now you will gef a CAA license, not an EASA.

ppl172g1000
1st Apr 2019, 17:43
Hello everyone,

Am looking for a school that offers the CPL IR ME.
Am interested in DFA in Sweden and in One Air Malaga.

Have anyone some solid informations about One Air in Malade, especially concerning the serious/quality training during those 6-8 weeks duration training ?

I really want to do that CPL IR ME not more than 2 - 2,5 months.

Thank you

FuturePilot6
24th Apr 2019, 14:24
Does anyone have any past or current experiences with this school in Malaga, Spain? I've been trying to contact past and current students but only a few has answered my messages. This school has a fleet of around 10 aircraft, DA20, DA40 and DA42, offering a "zero to hero" course (16ish months) for a price of 59,000€. The place seems nice, but I don't know if it is really that good. They offer 209 real flight hours in Diamond aircraft (most of them are done in the DA20, after that CPL MEIR in DA42 and the rest on DA40) , 86 hours in Almsim FNPTII and 25 hours in G1000 simulator. They have three intakes per year, 16-20 students and are solely doing these programs from 0 to ATPL and CPL MEIR packages. I am thinking that if it is possible to do it in 16 months because of having "only" 10 aircraft and a high student:aircraft ratio. 59k€ sounds "too cheap". They have grown up in these years, ordered more aircraft and I've read that they have ordered a new AL42 simulator. I am just a bit suspicious because of the attractive price... Thanks

ppl172g1000
24th Apr 2019, 14:30
Dear brocken_spectre

Kind regards

Hi,
I am interested in the school OneAir. I am French. I wondered if we could exchange a bit. I have a Spanish friend currently doing his training there (integrated).

Thanks

========================

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history

ppl172g1000
24th Apr 2019, 14:32
Salut,

je vois que tu es français et que tu t'es penché sur le sujet concernant OneAir.
Peux t on échanger en privé ? Je suis en pleine recherche d'une ATO pour le CPL IR ME.

Merci

============================

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history

ppl172g1000
24th Apr 2019, 14:34
Hi again.
Well, with my ME/IR/CPL fresh in the bag (finished November 28 2018), I can now share my experience with One Air.

I started October 1st. Course price was 17.500 €, of which 2000 € was paid in advance as a deposit.
This included the course, all the flying and landing fees, exams, and accommodation and food at a nearby dorm.

On the phone, I was told that the whole course could be done in 6 weeks, but most people ended up or chose to do it in 8 weeks.
Had the weather been better, I might just have been able to do it in 7 weeks, but I did it in 8.

They have a Garmin 1000 simulator for the initial Garmin training. An ALSIM FNTP II flight simulator for the IR training, two DA42's for the ME/IR part and a DA40 for 10 hours out of the 15 for the CPL.
We were 4 who started at the same time. We all had different prerequisites, but none of us had more than the bare minimum required hours to start the course.
I had to do a couple of extra hours in the G1000 sim to improve my workflow and then 1½ hour extra in the ALSIM. This I had to pay 200 € extra for.
There is not much theory included in the course, and you are expected to know your ATPL theory.
ME/IR flights are flown from Malaga Airport. The 10 hours on the DA40 are flown from a nearby airfield, La Axarquia (40 min. drive from Malaga), and then the last 5 hrs. on the DA42 back in Malaga Airport.

1. The dorm, Teatinos University Residence, is included in the price. It is a clean place that has recently been renovated (so the old reviews on Google do not do them justice).
You get room with a bed, a desk, a chair and you share a bathroom/toilet (4 rooms to 2 bathrooms).
The other inhabitants are mostly young people (16-20 is my guess), and the rules at the place reflects this. There is one block for women and one for men. No visit in the rooms from the opposite sex. Not a problem for me, but my two good friends at the course was a couple. It was hard for them not being able to stay together. Also, you won't be allowed to have a fridge in your room. Spain can be very hot in the summer, so that kind of sucks. Just be prepared for it, and you will learn to do without.
You need transportation to the school and the airport. I brought my mountainbike. It took me 20 minutes to the school. However, when I started flying, I rented a car. By bus, the trip is about an hour.

2. The school do what they can to finish you on time. They are lacking instructors, but that should be taken care of by the next course.

3. The course is very cheap and compressed (which is probably why you are considering them right?)
This means that you are supposed to be familiar with the instrument procedures BEFORE you go flying. This can be accomplished by using a free Garmin 1000 simulator found on the internet, an old laptop and an instrument procedures manual (one will be provided, but you can download them of the internet).

4. Food is provided at the canteen at the dorm. If you are flying late or in the sim at night (yes, it is operated 24 hrs. a day), they can make you a sandwich or a tapas to bring, or save some lunch/dinner for you.

So you won’t have a lot of expenses. Do take into account that you need to go out now and then and socialize, go to the cinema, drive to beautiful Granada or Seville, buy gas and personal stuff and so on.
And If you are like me, you might need a little extra SIM time. Better have a economic backup plan for that just in case.

They just started a PPL to MCC course of 32 students. I cannot give you any advice on their behalf because it is a very different course.
However, I'm struggling with this "only 1 message and your inbox is full" problem.

You can’t use the Private Messaging system in or out, add url links or images until you have an established posting history. Email should be open for you both in and out.

Now it's all about getting a flying job with my low hours from here... And the jobs are there :-)

Conr8

Hi

I would really appreciate if I could contact you outside this website to have a bit more info about one air.
I am French and finished my ATPL with Bristol Ground School.

Thank you

===========================

Pilotser
18th May 2019, 06:44
Hi guys, I'm interested in the schools you mentioned before- ONE AIR, BARCELONA FLIGHT SCHOOL- AND 2FLY. Someone of you has any feedback from last year experience? Thanks.

zondaracer
18th May 2019, 12:10
Check out Aerolink.

Rodrigo Villalobos
22nd May 2019, 01:56
Conr8;

I just want to thank you for your valuable comments about your experience at One Air, Im from Chile and I would like to do just what you did within next two months, by any chance can I conntact you by email just for a couple of sully questions please ? , my email is [email protected]
Best regards.

LichtMann
15th Feb 2023, 20:36
Hi,

Does anyone can comment a recent experience with them, when doing IR/ME/CPL and APS-MCC with them?

Thank you!

LichtMann
15th Feb 2023, 20:37
Hi again.

Conr8
Hello!
Could you please quickly share your current situation? Especially about employment after finishing at the school.

Thanks!

Conr8
16th Feb 2023, 08:12
Hello!
Could you please quickly share your current situation? Especially about employment after finishing at the school.

Thanks!Hi LichtMann.
For my case, jobs has not been a problem. But I am not quite like many others.
This is my second career. I chose it to get some adventure and travel around. And that I have gotten to the fullest file:///C:/Users/helmu/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif
My first year right after Spain was flying with Airzafari in Greenland. Where I took my CPL/ME/IR had no relevance for that job.
Next job was becoming and working as an instructor with One Air.
Now, I work as a survey pilot in Europe and as an instructor in Denmark.

But if you are looking to get an airline job, just remember, that OneAir does not have any preliminary test to show you if you have what it takes (or at least they did not when I was there in 2020).
So you might end up doing the whole course (which normally takes quite a bit longer than you'd expect) and then having a hard time finding a job afterwards.
In my experience, there are too many very young pilot wannabees that are not ready to put the work and effort into becoming a good pilot. If you really want this, you must work hard at it. Really hard.
Buying the 0-ATPL course will provide you with the seat in class. But to become a pilot worthy of a job (especially an airline job), you have to work very hard and dedicated to earn that badge.
And expect to work flying tourists on round trips in a Cessna 172, flying survey flights, dropping skydivers, flying banners and what not, just to get some hours.
If you fit the airline profile, you might slip through right after your CPL/ME/IR. Just don’t expect it.

Anyway, this is an old thread. If I were you, search other newer threads to get an update on the latest, as things change fast.

And no matter what anyone tells you....
What matters for 95% in the end is their hours... Whip up 1500 hours TT, and you have the best odds of getting that dream job of yours (unless your dreams are like mine :-)

Kind regards and good luck.

Scivius
23rd Mar 2023, 17:29
The main problem with OA is that there are very few flights. I am an international PPL student and they only give me ONE flight per week! That is, to complete all the training (without the theory) you need to spend more than 6-7 months!
OA does not respond to letters in any way except for banal replies, and CFI does not respond at all.
Those who wants to "quickly" get PPL are definitely not here!

LeighPPL
18th Feb 2024, 10:28
I really wished I had found this thread before signing up with One Air. I think I was taken in by their "award winning" training facilities and the fact that it was in the south of Spain, so flying hours would be more reliable than in the UK, weather-wise.

Like others, I was told that I would be able to complete in about 3 months - and in hindsight this should have been another red flag.

I had to return to the UK for family reasons, after only having 1 lesson in the air. Granted, all the theory was completed and all exams had been passed, but flying lessons were very hard to come by with an awkward booking system.

Some of the instructors I spoke with were just as frustrated, as they wanted to instruct/ fly.
But from what I can tell, there are too many students, too many instructors and not enough aircraft.

I'm in the process of trying to get a partial refund (mainly for the unused flying hours), so I wanted to see if anyone else is in a similar situation, and maybe we could start a coordinated group effort (as I think a many-to-one approach may have more chance over a one-to-one approach)