PDA

View Full Version : Access to Canadian approach charts

slast
30th Jun 2017, 10:20
I have been trying to find a specific current official Canadian approach plate, but can't find out how to do so via the NavCanada website - I can get the aerodrome charts but not approaches. Is there an online access or do you have to subscribe for these?

sgs233a
30th Jun 2017, 14:08
I don't believe these are freely available - at work we have a paper subscription as well as a digital subscription through ForeFlight. If you want a screen grab of a specific current plate, PM me.

slast
30th Jun 2017, 16:26
thanks will do.

Vee1.rotate
3rd Jul 2017, 10:26
Hi Slast,

you can register for free at fltplan. com , they have a cooperation with NavCanada
so they can provide canadian aiport IFR charts as well. The registration is easy and without much hassle.

Once you are registered and logged in, simply click on "navigation" on the left column on the page and then "digital charts".
Then it's simply a matter of entering the ICAO code of the canadian airport you look for and you can access the charts( including approach charts) in either PDF or GIF format.

I've no business affiliation whatsoever with fltplan.com , just thought it might be helpful to you and it's free of charge anyway.

Kind regards,

Vee1.rotate

slast
3rd Jul 2017, 13:53
Thank you very much Vee. Got what I needed.

Vee1.rotate
3rd Jul 2017, 20:12
You're welcome.Glad you found what you needed.

Kind regards,

Vee1.rotate

sgs233a
4th Jul 2017, 15:33
That's great to hear these are freely available now - thanks Vee1.rotate.

Cheers,
Colin