PDA

View Full Version : Buzz and Channex

Stan Sted
13th Jul 2002, 09:13
I've just noticed on the Buzz website that my flight to Gerona next month, which I expected to be on one of their 146s, will now be operated by one of Channel Express's 733s.

Channex also appear to be covering several other routes for Buzz during the peak summer hols season, providing more flights per week to some destinations than Buzz had originally advertised.

Does this mean that business is booming for the yellow perils and that more 737s will be flying in their colours out of STN before too long?

Herod
13th Jul 2002, 10:30
Yep !!

Stan Sted
13th Jul 2002, 11:19
More aircraft? More routes? More jobs?

AMEX
13th Jul 2002, 15:15
Quoting Herod " Yep !!"

Jobs on the way too. Spoke to HR not so long ago (days rather than weeks) after a mate of mine tipped me a few weeks back.
The name is buzz but could be Boom.

Stan Sted

Bonjour mon ami, comment allez vous ? ;)

Stan Sted
13th Jul 2002, 21:00
Amex, mon ami

J'espere que tu reussis avec le poste a BUZZ.

AMEX
14th Jul 2002, 12:05
Merci, Stan Sted, i hope so too, the Britannia saga has lasted long enough....

Found this on the Buzz Website:

9 July 2002

KLM uk AND buzz ANNOUNCE NETWORK CHANGES

Today KLM uk and buzz announce network changes which will see KLM uk’s feeder operation to Amsterdam, serving the global KLM Royal Dutch Airlines network, increase capacity from its central London and UK regional airports whilst its low cost sister buzz, takes over the operation of the London Stansted to Amsterdam route. The changes will come into effect from the start of the airlines’ winter schedules on 27 October 2002.

The network restructure comes as KLM uk seeks to optimise its regional network into Amsterdam and concentrate on the high yielding point to point business traffic from the central London area whilst buzz expands its European network from Stansted.

KLM uk currently flies six times daily from London Stansted Airport to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. From 27 October 2002 this aircraft capacity will be deployed to increase frequencies to Amsterdam from London City Airport, Newcastle and Manchester and to double capacity from Teesside. Flights from London City will increase from 4 to 6 times daily; Newcastle from 6 to 7 daily; and Manchester from 7 to 8 daily. Capacity from Teesside will increase 100% as KLM puts a 103 seater Fokker 100 on the route, replacing the current 50 seater Fokker 50 aircraft.

Says Tony Le Masurier, General Manager UK, KLM, ‘The network changes are designed to ensure we play to our strengths. KLM offers the biggest regional network out of the UK to a worldwide hub and it is here that we will continue to invest our efforts. London Stansted is clearly now a low cost airline base so it makes sense for buzz to expand its network from that base. As a global network operator we prefer to concentrate our focus on the two main business airports serving London which are Heathrow and London City.’

buzz will operate a 5 times daily* service from London Stansted to Amsterdam. The service will be operated as an independent low cost point-to-point service and will not feed into the KLM Royal Dutch ....

Herod
14th Jul 2002, 17:22
Sorry guys, but I must contradict HR, who live in virtual reality anyway. Yes, jobs are coming, but buzz crews are part of KLMuk. The vacancies that will arise will be Fokker 50, primarily F.O. slots, possibly Captain. However, if the numbers of new aircraft going through the rumour-mill are correct, transfer to the jet would be on the cards in relatively short time. See you on the 73!

AMEX
14th Jul 2002, 18:03
Herod

I agree with you and what you are saying is what I have been told. I hear as well that the guys who have just been taken on (from the pool they were swimming) were told about the 73 in 9 months.... We shall see what will really happen but what I like about it, is the snowball effect any recruitment could have with other operators.
They tend to react all the same way(not always in a rational manner mind you) and at the same time (which is usually late ;) )

Herod, if you work for KLMuk, do you know the requirements for a command on, let's say, the Fk50 ?

Cheers

Herod
14th Jul 2002, 20:12
I can't find the requirements for DE captains, but to give you a guide, the requirement for a First Officer on any type to take command on the turbo are: 2500 total, 1000 ME, of which 750 ME are with KLMuk. I would guess when we again recruit DE, the figures will be somewhat similar, perhaps a bit higher. Good luck and remember, the future's yellow !!