PDA

View Full Version : Can duty time(block time) be different with technical logbook and company record?

FlywithPark
10th Jun 2017, 09:11
Hi there. I'm working as pilot on LCC company in asia.
This question might be a little weird, however my company do this thing.
The thing is, even though I log my personal block and flight time under technical logbook journey section, my company keeps every pilot's duty time solely under their own system rules differently.(they record time by ground staff's report for block in and out)

the problem is, there is time difference with technical logbook (which i keep logging my personal logbook) and their system. so whenever i check out my own flight record from company (they don't even open this system to employees.. i need to ask personally to get it printed).. it has differences.. sometimes few minutes, sometimes more than 10 minutes per flight. (normally company block time is less than my blocktime)

I just wonder this will be ok legally(under icao regulation) and what about your company.

hope to hear from you guys.

Piltdown Man
10th Jun 2017, 09:56
We log normally log the time between brakes off to brakes on as stated by the aircraft. But this is different to the words used by some aviation authorities. They state the time we should log is from when the aircraft first moves towards under its own power until it comes to a rest, after having flown etc. A cunning LoCo will seek to reduce airframe and FDP hours to the minimum, as they are legally entitled to so so. They can do this by sticking strictly to brakes off to brakes on, removing push backs and time on stand with engines running. Also, as your off-blocks time is reported by handling agents, it might just be subject to gentle massaging in order to achieve an on-time departure. As if...

noflynomore
10th Jun 2017, 10:51
If you suspect that what they are recording isn't correct or legal then you must not put it in your logbook because then that would be incorrect and illegal too. Put in the truth and you can't go wrong. Who is going to crosscheck anyway, and how?

Intruder
10th Jun 2017, 18:27
At least in the US, there is a difference between "duty time" and "flight duty time". The former includes time from report to release, including preflight and postflight duties, and is tracked by the company for contractual and legal compliance. The latter is logged in the aircraft and personal logbooks.