PDA

View Full Version : Duty versus flight duty

Maybe787
21st May 2017, 14:33
Everybody is able to calculate his/her FDP. Does anyone know how long can your duty be? I mean how long can your positioning after flight can be?

Piltdown Man
22nd May 2017, 09:12
After you have flown you can often position for as long as your company feel they can get away with it.

PM

RAT 5
22nd May 2017, 12:21
However, is there not an accumulative duty time for 7 days & 14 days etc. It might therefore depend on which day you position. Indeed, as long as they feel they can get away with. I once had a roster that was a long evening flight from out of base with ground transport first, then position back on the a/c as pax. This would have meant 30 hours out of bed. Words were had with CP and something more humane was arranged. What they feel they can get away with depends and what you are willing to allow and horse trade for.

172_driver
22nd May 2017, 13:18
Everybody is able to calculate his/her FDP. Does anyone know how long can your duty be? I mean how long can your positioning after flight can be?

Off the top of my head, I think DP (Duty Period) is limited to 60 hrs per rolling 7 days by EASA FTL. That's the first limiter. There is no max DP before rest, like there is for FDP.

Fortunately we have a through collective bargaining limited that to a lower number, so the company cannot have it both ways, i.e. long 'down time' followed by max flying hours, FDP or block.