PDA

View Full Version : Planes for Sale

Niesmiertelny
14th May 2017, 21:24
I don't wish to break any rules, so is it okay to offer a plane for sale on here?

Pilot DAR
15th May 2017, 02:20
Hi Nies, Welcome, it would be best if your posts did not constitute advertising...

Thanks, Pilot DAR

alex90
15th May 2017, 05:17
I don't wish to break any rules, so is it okay to offer a plane for sale on here?

Afors is the place you'll want to look at! :-)

BackPacker
15th May 2017, 10:12
My $0.02 worth:

Knock up a quick website. Not too hard to do with WordPress or similar tools, and a single page is good enough. On this website include:
- Pictures (detailed) of exterior and interior
- All relevant logbook hours for airframe, engine, prop, whatever. Maybe a copy of the last two logbook pages.
- All details about avionics and other important accessoires. (Was the plane converted to 8.33 kHz and mode-S already?)
- All details about damage and service history. When is ARC renewal due, when are any "lifed" items due for replacement. Is anything currently U/S? Maybe some copies of the latest maintenance statements and such. Maybe the results of compression checks, oil analysis and other relevant tests.
- Details of any accessoires you "throw in" as part of the sale. Maybe some spare parts, spare oil, towbar, covers, you name it.
- Details on how you want to handle trial flights for interested buyers. Plus your contact details obviously.
...and so forth. In short, try to imagine all the questions that a potential, serious buyer would have and try to answer them as open and honest as possible.

Then put ads up on all the important websites. Afors, Planecheck and maybe a few others. Point to your website. That will get you the best exposure, with the least amount of follow-up questions.

And if you do get relevant follow-up questions, update the website.

memories of px
15th May 2017, 10:15
try UKGA, its free.

http://ukga.com/classified/viewcategory?classifiedCategoryId=1

PPRuNe Towers
15th May 2017, 10:33
Policy here has always been grouped aircraft share sales are welcome here.

That's genuine shares with equity involved rather than group hire without equity.

Rob