PDA

View Full Version : Alternate closed but ATS on request after closing

mi68guel
10th May 2017, 23:35
Is an alternate adequate if it's closed after 23:00 but ATS on request is available outside operational hours? For example If I do a go around at 03:00 and divert, are they gonna be ready (FT 00:44 to alternate).I don't think so:=
The OMA says : "Suitable instrument approach procedures, Air Traffic Services, sufficient lighting, communications, weather reporting and navigation aids are available"
In this case they are available, but...on request.

Tarq57
11th May 2017, 00:26
I don't know.
If the "prior notice" information isn't published or in the NOTAM, I would imagine a phone call to the unit to find out how much notice is needed would be sensible.

chevvron
11th May 2017, 10:19
'Air Traffic Services' might not mean Air Traffic Control Service but a form of Flight Information Service (FIS) if there is only going to be one aircraft arriving.
Depends what country you are talking about; I know there was a move in Spain a few years ago to introduce FIS operators at some 'less busy' airports replacing the ATC service.

good egg
12th May 2017, 04:59
'Air Traffic Services' might not mean Air Traffic Control Service but a form of Flight Information Service (FIS) if there is only going to be one aircraft arriving.

I might be wrong but don't some HIAL airports do that after normal closure time? (In case of emergency)