PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Staff Travel Baggage Allowance

funkytownflighty
6th May 2017, 00:13
Afternoon All

Can anyone confirm that EK Baggage Allowance on Staff Travel(Zed Fares) has been slashed to 20Kgs In Economy instead of 30 Kgs which was really bliss for myself, Suitacse and Surfboard?
Such an awesome Baggage allowance at 30kg's..... surely it hasn't changed?

Looking at MLE-DXB-LIS Mid June....

Cheers....

High Energy
6th May 2017, 04:53
Afternoon All

Can anyone confirm that EK Baggage Allowance on Staff Travel(Zed Fares) has been slashed to 20Kgs In Economy instead of 30 Kgs which was really bliss for myself, Suitacse and Surfboard?
Such an awesome Baggage allowance at 30kg's..... surely it hasn't changed?

Looking at MLE-DXB-LIS Mid June....

Cheers....

Correct. Has been like that for a while. After the new fare introduction.

Gunman returns
6th May 2017, 05:48
Baggage allowance in economy class on staff travel with EK is still 30 kg. ( 40J 50 F) from the latest staff travel manual update. Zed Fare allowance depends on the airline and is stated on MyId travel and FlyZed.

Joker11
6th May 2017, 06:34
Last EK staff flights to CPT, ZRH, FRA and MUC were 30kgs.

donpizmeov
6th May 2017, 07:11
Zed fare allowance on EK is 20kg. Think this may be default for Zed fares. Friends have used them and have not been limited to the 20kg limit. Guess it depends on who checks you in.

safelife
6th May 2017, 09:07
Last year, my EK ZED ticket said 30 kg. This year it states 20. Didn’t try checking in more than that, though.

troff
6th May 2017, 11:30
Was returning from leave through HND. Ticket was US$125. I was 3 kg over the "limit" and they wanted to charge me US$100 for that excess, BUT, if I could transfer 3 kg to my carry on there would be no charge. I don't get it. If I move the weight I can take it for free...
We have to jump through these hoops and they expect us to save fuel, go into discretion, forego leave, live in Guantanamo Bay, and, and, and... and then be subjected to this cr*p? Bollocks!

ZFT
6th May 2017, 14:31
[QUOTE=troff;9762771]Was returning from leave through HND. Ticket was US$125. I was 3 kg over the "limit" and they wanted to charge me US$100 for that excess, BUT, if I could transfer 3 kg to my carry on there would be no charge. I don't get it. If I move the weight I can take it for free...
We have to jump through these hoops and they expect us to save fuel, go into discretion, forego leave, live in Guantanamo Bay, and, and, and... and then be subjected to this cr*p?
Bollocks![/QUOTE

I concur but can you imagine being a paying pax going through the same rubbish?

Travelling has never been so miserable as it is today. Luckily, my time is coming to the end.

fatbus
7th May 2017, 00:29
I've had that happen with many NA airlines and been charged as well . Bag limit is a big limit , deal with it.

safelife
7th May 2017, 06:02
Limit is a limit, no problem, but twenty kilos is just not enough.
I won't fly EK again because of this.

fatbus
7th May 2017, 11:50
Ok. I guess you win.

5star
8th May 2017, 04:00
indeed, the check in staff did you a big favor!
zed fare allowance has always been 20 kg for as far as I can remember.

EK has still one of the best bag allowances for pax. 30-40-50 depnding in your class of travel. prettty sure these have not been changed for staff and commercial pax. just zed is what it is.

funkytownflighty
8th May 2017, 22:44
Ok Thats cool....20KG's it is, fair enough.

How to we go about adding additional Kilo's luggage allowance as Staff?
Can this be done online once we receive a confirmation number through Zedfares?
Do I need to call EK direct to add luggage allowance?
Be a lot cheaper to do it before hand than at the Airport on check in yeh?

Cheers...

Aluminium shuffler
9th May 2017, 13:00
Troff, the difference is that hold baggage is weighed and has a paper trail, so overweight baggage might be flagged on the system and a surcharge unavoidable, while few companies weigh hand baggage. The check-in staff helped you dodge that, so they are to be commended, not criticised. O'Leary stated on TV that passengers should wear anything that doesn't fit in their hand baggage to avoid using hold baggage and the fees!