PDA

View Full Version : Airport Facility Directory

Grafter
11th Jul 2002, 10:32
Hi

Apologies if i am in the wrong forum!!

Can anyone tell me where i can purchase a copy of the Airport Facility Directory for the USA?

I would be most grateful for any help!

Many thanks

spils
11th Jul 2002, 11:33
Most of the FBO's sell them I found while I was out there.

Aha, I see you are from Salisbury too - I take it that means you want a copy in the UK then!! D'oh.
Do Transair/Pooleys not sell them online?

englishal
11th Jul 2002, 12:16
Other option is to buy one online from somewhere like 'Hart Aviation' (www.hartaviation.com) and get them to post it to you in the UK.

Cheers
EA

GoneWest
11th Jul 2002, 12:31
Couple of questions first...

Does it need to be current (they expire every 56 days)?

Is it for a particular area - the book(s) cover various geopgraphical areas, not the entire USA (it's a bit big to list every airfiled in one book :p )?

Is there something in particular you are looking for - there may be better alternatives than the AFD for what you want?

If the answers are No/South East/general studying then send me an e-mail with your adress and I will mail you one.

The Nr Fairy
11th Jul 2002, 14:27
Grafter :

AFD is textual only - good for fact finding before a US trip, crap in the air. But they are cheap.

Best bet is to get a pukka flight guide for the area you're going to when you get there. And if you intend flying in SoCal, as far as Las Vegas and Phoenix I've some charts and a flight guide you could borrow as long as they're returned in condition lent.

FWA NATCA
11th Jul 2002, 16:56
Grafter,

As someone mentioned all the Airport Facility Directories are regional, Northeast, Southeast, East Central, North Central, South Central, Southwest, and North West.

You can procure the Airport Facility Directories From:

National Aeronautical Charting Office
NACO, AVN-530, Distribution Division
Riverdale, MD 20737

E-mail [email protected]
Telephone: 1-800-638-8972
Fax: 301-436-6829
or any authorized chart agent.

In case you're wondering approach plates and sectional charts can be ordered from the above address. There are also a few aviation web sites that post airport information too.

Mike

Grafter
12th Jul 2002, 11:02
I would like to thank you all for replying to my question regarding the AFD. I have found out more from you than I have from other avenue's that I have tried (and not very good one's by the looks of things!!).

Happy Ppruning :D

Grafter