PDA

View Full Version : Old TMG (or LAPLs w TMG) Hours logged after conversion to PPL

nardis
19th Apr 2017, 14:08
So here is the scenario:

I've had a TMG license for a few years, flying a couple of hundred hours. As a formality it was later converted to a EASA LAPL(S) with TMG rating.

Now, I have converted my LAPL(S) to a PPL(A). And I've flown a total of 30 hours SEP(L) all together.

I know that I now can log hours flown in a TMG as "PPL-hours" - but is my old LAPL-hours now valid as hours, for exampel to use for starting a CPL?

For example:
LAPL hours: 150
PPL hours: 50

Minimum required for starting CPL: 200

Will it count?

Whopity
19th Apr 2017, 20:32
The hours required for a CPL are 2. Before commencing a CPL(A) modular course an applicant shall be the holder of a PPL(A) issued in
accordance with Annex 1 to the Chicago Convention.
3. Before commencing the flight training the applicant shall:
(a) have completed 150 hours flight time; To apply for a CPL you need a total of 200 hours flight time as follows:
(e) Hours as PIC of other categories of aircraft may count towards the 200 hours flight time, in the
following cases:
(i) 30 hours in helicopter, if the applicant holds a PPL(H); or
(ii) 100 hours in helicopters, if the applicant holds a CPL(H); or
(iii) 30 hours in TMGs or sailplanes; or
(iv) 30 hours in airships, if the applicant holds a PPL(As); or
(v) 60 hours in airships, if the applicant holds a CPL(As). The interesting point here is that it refers to categories of aeroplane and the TMG bridges two categories. In the case of TMG hours flown on a LAPL Aeroplane or PPL they should be countable exactly the same as SEP however; if flown on a LAPL Sailplane you could only count 30 hours.