PDA

View Full Version : Coventry Vacancies

airac
12th Apr 2017, 13:16
I see controllers required at Coventry ATC, according to company website.
Applicants are expected to have ADI /APP
(previous unit certifications essential )
with APS and MET desirable.
Things looking up ?:D

45 before POL
13th Apr 2017, 12:08
Nearly every airfield in the UK, has their Satco scratching his head trying to work out where they are going to find replacements for shortfall and pending retirements.

2 sheds
14th Apr 2017, 08:23
previous unit certifications essential
...thus limiting their options from the start. Why can they not have confidence in their ability to train new controllers and have the decency to give such people a start in their career?

2 s

Red Four
15th Apr 2017, 07:48
Perhaps because they wan't them to 'validate' more quickly?
Either way, it will be difficult to keep them at Cov unless applicants have a vested interest because they are locals.

chevvron
15th Apr 2017, 12:06
Nearly every airfield in the UK, has their Satco scratching his head trying to work out where they are going to find replacements for shortfall and pending retirements.

SafeSkys (http://www.safeskys.co.uk)

2 sheds
15th Apr 2017, 15:10
What is the meaning of that post, Chevvron?

chevvron
15th Apr 2017, 15:53
One of the reasons Safeskys was founded was to supply controllers to overcome temporary or long term shortfalls of staff. As Coventry are an ANSP, they will 'miss out' on tapping any resources Safeskys might have available.

BigDaddyBoxMeal
15th Apr 2017, 17:54
...thus limiting their options from the start. Why can they not have confidence in their ability to train new controllers and have the decency to give such people a start in their career?

A poster above has given the obvious answer which is timescale... a previously valid will likely validate much quicker than an ab initio. Also if that ab initio needs rating courses, in the time a basic and ADI course takes, an experienced controller would be valid and controlling.

Another factor is cost. I claim to know nothing of the finances at EGBE but if you're talking about giving people a start in their career, and that includes paying for rating courses, that is a significant investment, especially for a small airfield where the SATCOs budget will not be infinite.

airac
17th Apr 2017, 10:26
Why can they not have confidence in their ability to train new controllers and have the decency to give such people a start in their career?

Over the years Coventry has paid for and successfully trained more than a dozen controllers thus giving many controllers a start.
Unfortunately for various reasons, time being one of them ,this avenue is not available at this time. Can I suggest you try not to be too critical when you are clearly not aware of all the facts.

2 sheds
17th Apr 2017, 15:33
I shall be as critical as I wish! Of course I am not aware of all the facts but the criticism stands as I would have thought that they need to spread their net as widely as possible, rather than eliminate some possible candidates from the start.

2 s