PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight Flight Crew Luggage

DarkMale327
6th Apr 2017, 13:10
Hey guys, I am in the process of getting a new flight bag, and I want to get the smallest, most lightweight bag that I can.

I also use the Bose A20 headset, so preferably it should be able to fit in the bag as well.

I was thinking about getting a laptop bag, but I wanted to get your opinions and see what everyone uses in 2017.

Thanks!

Amadis of Gaul
6th Apr 2017, 22:35
What are you carrying besides the headset?

DarkMale327
6th Apr 2017, 22:56
I carry the Bose A20 headset in its original case, a company ipad, flight crew licence and passport, and some other things like spare pen, batteries, high vis vest etc.

DarkMale327
6th Apr 2017, 23:00
The Wenger Swiss luggage laptop bags in various sizes are popular in my outfit. I've got the 3 partition one and it has ample space for everything including emergency night stop kit.

Would the A20 fit inside a laptop bag of that size? Laptop bags are usually very light, so I'm really considering just going with that, unless other people have any more ideas.

Denti
6th Apr 2017, 23:04
I use a normal Samsonite laptop bag. Since i don't need a laptop the front compartment has enough space for my headset and other stuff like food for the day. The back compartment has enough space for passport, license, medical and a pouch for the iPad, as well as enough for the paperwork of the day (usually just the briefing sheet).

And i like that it opens up top so i can easily reach inside from my seat.

Just went into the next store and got the cheapest one that had the features i wanted, ended up with something like this. (http://www.samsonite.co.uk/desklite-bailhandle-expandable-39.6cm-15.6inch/67773.html?dwvar_67773_color=1041&cgid=SAMS004#start=1&cgid=SAMS004)

DarkMale327
7th Apr 2017, 09:13
Which headset do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Denti
7th Apr 2017, 11:59
Which headset do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

I use either a Bose QC15 or a Sennheiser HME 26. But i've seen a colleague use a similar bag with his A20.

configsafenot
7th Apr 2017, 12:05
Not a pilot etc but still prefer to travel light cos waiting at carousels is a pain in the backside....

I use one of these, it has enough space for couple days worth of clothing along with two laptops, cables and all the rest of the typical stuff that gets dragged about an airport

http://www.delsey.com/int/en/p/montm-pro-cabin-tr-pilot-pc-00124448000.html

I bought mine at Zaventem last year when my trusty Belkin rolling bag died on the travelator.......saw several crew with them, so they must be OK for squirreling into the confines of a cockpit