PDA

View Full Version : A320 question.

mothergoose1
3rd Apr 2017, 21:23
A couple of questions are on my mind,after ive flown the 320 for some time now.
1.If we get a Alternate Brake system (L)(R) system indicator carried forward,and its just a sticker mark,and you can go.How will we do the LOSS OF BRAKING Procedure,As you have to check pressure x1000 psi.

2.Secondly,youre at take off point at dubai.runway 30R.cleared for takeoff,and you get GPS PRIMARY LOST,what would you do,Mind you its a RNAV dep.Im go minded here,What options do i have?

3.Youre on Ground and its summer season,Its getting hot,you have the apu on,Passengers are boarding the plane,The cabin is still getting hot even with you setting the temp so minimum,What option should i use.Getting this alot nowadays,some crew with me turn off the hot air push button.

4.After landing at what ground speed do you guys normally shift your hand from the flight stick to the tiller ,

5.Finally,some crew with me take time when starting engine,why is this so,eventhough the fadec is monitoring everything.Is it because if its a hung start one can monitor the starter time of 2 mins?

Thanks cheers,:)

Amadis of Gaul
4th Apr 2017, 15:13
1. You'll have to clarify that one. As in Alternate Braking actually deferred?

2. Depends on your company SOPs. I have seen GPS PRIMARY LOST pop up and disappear sporadically, so if you're still showing NAV ACCURACY HIGH, I don't see why you couldn't go, unless, again, your company SOPs say otherwise.

3. We get that problem with our older 321s at FLL quite a bit. Turning the HOT AIR valve off doesn't seem to help, so just deal with it. Make sure all the gaspers are open, and all the shades closed.

4. 60kts give or take a bit.

5. I would never blindly trust FADEC.