PDA

View Full Version : TB 9 OWNERS - GREAT NEWS!!! TB9 MOGAS STC!!!

fafarafa
17th Mar 2017, 13:16
TB 9 OWNERS - GREAT NEWS!!! TB9 MOGAS STC!!!

There is a possibility to certify TB 9 airplane/airframe (as you know engines are certified already) for MOGAS/AUTOGAS and STCs can be issued!!!

I got in touch with Mr. Achim Kocks from Gomolzig, Germany and he offers us, TB 9 owners, to Certify the airplane and issue STCs.

The tests including inflight tests will cost something around 15-20K Euros so I'm searching for all the TB 9 owners who would be interest in cutting costs of flying using of MOGAS to participate in obtaining TB 9 MOGAS STC.

Should you be interested in please pm me. Should you know anybody who's flying TB9 and could be interested in this project please pass this message.
Thank you.

All the best

SXS
17th Mar 2017, 19:48
I'm interested (PM)

TB 9 OWNERS - GREAT NEWS!!! TB9 MOGAS STC!!!

There is a possibility to certify TB 9 airplane/airframe (as you know engines are certified already) for MOGAS/AUTOGAS and STCs can be issued!!!

I got in touch with Mr. Achim Kocks from Gomolzig, Germany and he offers us, TB 9 owners, to Certify the airplane and issue STCs.

The tests including inflight tests will cost something around 15-20K Euros so I'm searching for all the TB 9 owners who would be interest in cutting costs of flying using of MOGAS to participate in obtaining TB 9 MOGAS STC.

Should you be interested in please pm me. Should you know anybody who's flying TB9 and could be interested in this project please pass this message.
Thank you.

All the best

mad_nico
27th Dec 2017, 03:03
any news about? very interested!

piperboy84
28th Dec 2017, 09:27
I have an Peterson/Maule auto gas STC for my Maule airframe and Lyc 360 engine. The issue I have is I can’t find auto gas to meet the anti knock MON/RON minimum rating specified in the STC and without ethanol so the auto gas STC is pretty worthless.

rudestuff
28th Dec 2017, 21:30
I doubt that would be a problem in Europe! What's specified in your STC?

ChickenHouse
28th Dec 2017, 21:48
I have an Peterson/Maule auto gas STC for my Maule airframe and Lyc 360 engine. The issue I have is I can’t find auto gas to meet the anti knock MON/RON minimum rating specified in the STC and without ethanol so the auto gas STC is pretty worthless.
I had a long chat with Petersen quite a while ago on the issues. The only available fuel meeting all tested requirements at that time was BP Ultimate 102, on the continent also sold under Aral brand. But, that was before they changed recipe, so not sure this holds any longer and I haven't seen 102 on tap for a while at our local stations. As a result of the discussion I kept in mind that modern additives in common autofuel obscure the easy field alcohol test and render them useless. The STC may still hold even legally, as it primarily states 'commonly used autofuel' and many fly on 97 or even 95. With quite some flying material now burning Ethanol fuel the fear seem to fade a bit also. What does Gomolzick say to fuel quality, will 95E10 do and be tested?

Wokingseller123
23rd Nov 2018, 08:37
Any update on this STC?

hotelwhisky
5th Oct 2023, 04:16
am exploring the tb9 and tb 10 chances upon this.

Flyingmac
5th Oct 2023, 10:21
UK's Light Aircraft Association.

"The LAA specifically does not recommend the use of E10 Mogas within our fleet and no aircraft under LAA oversight have been approved for the use of fuels containing E10."

This covers a wide range of engines, and is not aircraft type specific. No idea about US of A.

wrench1
5th Oct 2023, 12:38
"The LAA specifically does not recommend the use of E10 Mogas within our fleet and no aircraft under LAA oversight have been approved for the use of fuels containing E10." This covers a wide range of engines, and is not aircraft type specific. No idea about US of A.
FYI: all MOGAS STCs out of the US prohibit the use of ethanol mixed MOGAS. Only 100% MOGAS is permitted for various reasons.