PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated forum needed for WTC /Pentagon atrocities

Squiddley
12th Sep 2001, 07:13
Dear Admins

Clearly this unprecedented chain of events is going to be the hottest topic on the planet for some time to come. May I humbly suggest/request that a separate forum is established within PPRuNe, and that all related topics go in there.

We're all obviously bursting with shock, outrage, sympathy, questions, theories etc., and it's only a few hours since. There are also likely to be server problems with everyone following one or two threads.

Just a thought.
Words fail.

Slasher
12th Sep 2001, 07:16
That sounds like a good idea.

Capt PPRuNe
12th Sep 2001, 10:13
Opeing a new forum just for this will not change the bandwidth useage. Multiple threads and threads that are very long do affect the servers processing power so I will try and manage this by keeping the number of active threads limited.

Too many people are just starting threads with running commentaries of what we can all see already for ourselves on the TV. No need and I will try to keep the threads limited. Some will be closed outright, others will be moved to more appropriate forums.

The chat has been heavily populated since the incidents began and there is continuing 'live' discussion on there if you want a more instant reaction.

sky unlimited
12th Sep 2001, 10:13
Yes, I agree with you, let's combine all reactions, thoughts and expressions of disbelieve into a new WTC-forum.

whats_it_doing_now?
12th Sep 2001, 11:45
Danny,
I noticed you had emailed into GMTV with comments about the impossibility of making the cockpit entirely secure. I think you are correct, and the focus has to be on stopping the assailants boarding the aircraft in the first place. Great sadness all-round anyway, and thanks for keeping the BB running.

mriya225
12th Sep 2001, 20:57
Sad occassion for return to the forums--but for what it's worth, I'd like to see an individual forum for the discussions that this terrorist action will give rise to.

RE: Cockpit safety,
I agree that little can be done to make the cockpit more secure, but there needs to be serious review of handling hostage situations on aircraft. I don't know what exactly, but it seemed to be all too easy for the flightcrew to be put into the situation of falling prey to one or two people armed with something as simple as a knife... Maybe a security plan designed around securing the cockpit/flightcrew under circumstances such as those. I dunno.

[ 12 September 2001: Message edited by: Mriya ]