PDA

View Full Version : CAA Logbook Legislation

JGardener
3rd Mar 2017, 17:14
Can anyone direct me to the correct CAA page that lays down the law (so to speak) on the required entries for flights within my logbook.

My logbook does not have a column for timings, such as T/O, Landing etc etc. Only flight time. I have not recorded destinations either, again only a brief description of subject (circuits, Navigation etc etc).

I just hope the CAA are happy with the 60 hours I have gained when I submit my logbook for licence issue!

Thanks

Jeremy

MrAverage
4th Mar 2017, 06:44
Get the times and destinations from the tech log and fill in a new log book. Just under £10 from Pooleys. Simple!

Pontius
4th Mar 2017, 08:13
FCL 050 (https://www.easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/Part-FCL.pdf)

Go to page 29. Maybe it'll depend on when you started recording your 60 hours of flight time whether the CAA will accept the information you've got i.e. pre or post EASA but I'd be prepared to be compliant with the above.

BillieBob
4th Mar 2017, 08:52
Details of the UK requirements for the information to be recorded in a personal flying log are in Article 228 of the ANO 2016:
(4) The information recorded in accordance with paragraph (3) must include—

(a) the date, the places at which the holder of the log embarked on and disembarked from the aircraft and the time spent during the course of a flight when the holder was acting in either capacity;
(b) the type and registration marks of the aircraft;
(c) the capacity in which the holder acted in flight;
(d) information about any special conditions under which the flight was conducted, including night flying and instrument flying; and
(e) information about any test or examination undertaken by the holder of the log whilst in flight.
FCL.050 requires a personal flying log to be kept but leaves the detail up to individual member states to determine. AMC1 FCL.050 provides one acceptable means of complying with the regulation and ANO Article 228 provides an alternative means in the UK. You are free to choose which means of compliance you employ.

noflynomore
5th Mar 2017, 09:50
Note that there is NO requirement to record t/o and landing times.

JGardener
7th Mar 2017, 15:57
Great news, saves me a lot of hassle!

Thanks you for the replies.