PDA

View Full Version : Boeing OPT - database

mdavenport
20th Feb 2017, 20:49
I'm into flying on my home simulator and came across the Boeing OPT app which is free but you need a company database loading to be able to use it properly.

Is there a way to obtain simulator data that can be loaded in to this?

How do you actually load the data in to it?

I also understand you can add your own data manually - which if we can't obtain a company database is there a good source of this information anywhere?

underfire
20th Feb 2017, 21:24
It comes loaded with a 777-300ER, so if you fly that, all good, you just have to work the TOW.

Other than that, there could be some money to be made for the sim world, but given all of the variations, populating these files would extensive.

Have you tried these guys? https://www.facebook.com/aurasimulations/

JammedStab
20th Feb 2017, 23:38
I also understand you can add your own data manually - which if we can't obtain a company database is there a good source of this information anywhere?
When they manually, perhaps they mean pilot input as required if needed. Believe it or not, some of our most frequent ETOPS and nearby suitable airports are not in the database. Have to do it manually.

mdavenport
22nd Feb 2017, 12:52
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Underfire, no I haven't seen that product - I will take a look. In terms of what I fly, its the 737-800W so assume this isn't included in the app for free - shame..!

Not sure if there is a way to configure an aircraft manually in there?

Is there no way to get an old out dated version of the database anywhere that is fit for simulator purposes?