PDA

View Full Version : Flying around Boston/ New England between May 8th and May 19th (Weeks 19 & 20)

joschobart
17th Feb 2017, 12:54
Flying around Boston/ New England between May 8th and May 19th (Weeks 19 & 20) and/ or pilot-meet-up

Dear fellow pilots,
of course I know pprune for a long time but only decided now to create a profile. As I'm a newbie, let me introduce myself briefly: I'm an aviation-enthusiast from Switzerland and happy to have the privilege to be able to fly myself and on plus in such an astonishing setting as the alps regularly on the PA28 and the DA20! :)

About this post:
My employer sends me to Boston for the first three weeks in May. While I will be busy with work the first week, it would be a pleasure to share aviation in the cockpit with you guys who live in the area or to just hang out, grab beers and chat. I'm in the process of getting me a piggy-bag-faa-licence right now, wish me luck with that! Should I get my faa ppl in time, I plan to charter a PA28 or DA20 and again: everybody is invited to join me! Also recommendations about where to go and where to charter are highly appreciated!

Clear skies! JS

MrAverage
17th Feb 2017, 13:40
I was in Rhode Island 18 months ago and the best I could find within striking distance of my friends beach house was a two hour drive and an elderly PA28 140. Since I needed to fill 4 seats I gave up. You may have better luck depending on where you are staying...................

...........and remember how much different insurance is over there!

joschobart
18th Feb 2017, 11:17
I was in Rhode Island 18 months ago and the best I could find within striking distance of my friends beach house was a two hour drive and an elderly PA28 140. Since I needed to fill 4 seats I gave up. You may have better luck depending on where you are staying...................

...........and remember how much different insurance is over there!

Thanks for this insights! OK doesn't look too good then. well nothing lost if I get the faa license conversion for now I guess. where do you fly normally? and could you tell me a little more about the differences concerning the insurance compared to standards in europe? thank you!

MrAverage
19th Feb 2017, 07:44
Here's a quick insight for you:

The ECAC Difference | East Coast Aero Club (http://eastcoastaeroclub.com/take-flight/ecac-difference/)

Para 5 is significant.

MrAverage
19th Feb 2017, 07:49
............far lower coverage than we have in the UK. Damage a biz jet and write the rental plane off, or worse still injure or kill someone wealthy, and you'll be sued for anything beyond your cover.

joschobart
20th Feb 2017, 17:53
............far lower coverage than we have in the UK. Damage a biz jet and write the rental plane off, or worse still injure or kill someone wealthy, and you'll be sued for anything beyond your cover.

thanks again buddy! sounds scary indeed...

joschobart
21st Feb 2017, 10:51
does someone have experience with eastcoastaeroclub (http://eastcoastaeroclub.com/)?