PDA

View Full Version : Pilot bag size.

Uplinker
16th Feb 2017, 10:51
Can anybody comment on the amount of room there is on a 737 flight deck compared to an A320 family for one's flight bag?

The A320 will easily accommodate the full sized 'classic' pattern squared rectangular pilot's bag next to the seat, but is there the same amount of space on a Boeing 737 ?

Thanks.

noflynomore
16th Feb 2017, 12:54
It'll fit with a bit of a squeeze. I never found I needed a full width bag and my 2/3 width one was more than enough.

Johnny F@rt Pants
16th Feb 2017, 18:28
Normal pilot size bag fits very easily. I have one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wenger-Shield-Wheeled-Laptop-Pilot/dp/B001KTJPWO and it fits very easily on th NG, bit more of a squeeze on the 300, but it does fit.

763 jock
16th Feb 2017, 20:38
I have a handbag. Headset, passport and licence. They took the hat away so it also has my car keys.

Il Duce
17th Feb 2017, 15:30
When I saw the title of this thread I was a little concerned about where it might be going. So glad it's not a medical query.

Uplinker
17th Feb 2017, 16:14
Ha ha ! No, I wasn't boasting or anything. :)

Have bought a bag (or should I call it a case?) which is about 3/4 the size of a traditional square/rectangular pilots bag. The smaller Ellehammer I currently have is just a little bit too small for all my clobber, now that we also have to carry iPads and batteries etc.

fantom
17th Feb 2017, 16:26
The 737 is designed around short people with small heads.

Stick with Airbus.

Denti
17th Feb 2017, 17:31
Unless the airbus is equipped with a HUD, then you need to be even shorter than for the 737.

Anyway, a fullsize pilot bag does fit, the question is just, why carry one? One only needs the iPad, passport and license. Company provided ANR headsets are standard equipment on the plane, are they not?

Johnny F@rt Pants
17th Feb 2017, 17:46
One only needs the iPad, passport and license.

Food, gotta be able to carry enough of that for a long day out.

Company provided ANR headsets are standard equipment on the plane, are they not?

They aren't ANR< best off with your own headset, no germ sharing then either:yuk::yuk:

Uplinker
18th Feb 2017, 15:19
Anyway, a fullsize pilot bag does fit, the question is just, why carry one? One only needs the iPad, passport and license. Company provided ANR headsets are standard equipment on the plane, are they not?

A full size bag is too big for me, I was just using that as a known sized thing to ascertain the amount of room in a 73, and yes we do have ANRs on the flight deck. But I carry;

Torch,
Ear defenders (Very slim Peltor ones that fold up into a double fist sized ball),
Passports,
Stapler,
File of useful information,
Freshen-up kit (mini toothpaste, razor and deodorant - doubles as emergency night stop kit),
Pencil case (we still plot sometimes, would you believe), and spare pens,
Sun glasses,
Glasses soon, probably
Charging kit for iPad,
External battery for iPad,
Phone,
Food for the day, in its own insulated bag.
Space for the flight paperwork folder,
Hi viz jacket,
Calculator,

Errrrm........that's about it.:ok:

Tried out the bag I bought from RS components today, and it is near perfect.

claypon
20th Oct 2017, 15:30
Uplinker. What bag did you buy?

eckhard
20th Oct 2017, 15:50
What about the ruler, protractor and CRP-5 (or E6B)?
I thought we all had to carry those as well.