PDA

View Full Version : ATPL after CPL .pilot training

Clayton 3
1st Feb 2017, 15:22
Hi, I am planning on doing my CPL course and after completing my CPL course I'm planning to do my CFI course in order to build hours .my question is can I apply for an ATPL after building up my hours after flight instructing ? If so how?.

Thank you.

altiplano
3rd Feb 2017, 21:32
All the information is readily available on this great resource called the internet. CARS, Transport Canada lay it all out pretty simply.

pfvspnf
4th Feb 2017, 06:26
Give him a break! Yes you can , in Canada there is no multi crew requirement . Strange but true , some wide bodies FOs I fly with have thousands of hours on heavy jet but no atpl and an instructor in the circuit for 1500 hours does, seems crazy to me

Zombywoof
5th Feb 2017, 02:53
Things are kinda strange in Lagos. Or Canada.

pfvspnf
5th Feb 2017, 03:51
Been away from Africa and Canada for a long time.

Not really expecting this to change in Nigeria but a little off topic , I believe that much of the legislation in Canada needs to be rethought.

To answer the OPs question, Canada is a great place to do flight training, some of the most fun I ever had. Good luck to you

altiplano
8th Feb 2017, 03:10
Give him a break! Yes you can , in Canada there is no multi crew requirement . Strange but true , some wide bodies FOs I fly with have thousands of hours on heavy jet but no atpl and an instructor in the circuit for 1500 hours does, seems crazy to me

It's not like you answered the question.

How?

Give him a break? F-n look it up! That's a break, you have to look up a lot of stuff on your way to an atpl, seems a good place to start.

altiplano
8th Feb 2017, 03:12
Just to add.

Nobody cares about your career like you care about your own career. Figuring what you need is your own benefit.

pfvspnf
8th Feb 2017, 18:36
Always good to get a little help once in a while , I certainly wouldn't be where I am today with google searches alone...

altiplano
9th Feb 2017, 17:01
Nothing wrong with a little help, agreed, but this? C'mon!

Did you have to ask an online board how to get an ATPL?

It's all there (requirements), right in the same spot the OP needs to be studying.