PDA

View Full Version : Flight Simulators in the UK

Doors to Automatic
8th Jul 2002, 11:35
I'm looking at organising a day out for my staff as a thank you for recent hard work and wondered if anyone could advise the best places to approach for time on full-motion flight simulators. We are all frustrated would-be pilots here and I think this would be enjoyed by all!!!

Thanks as always for any suggestions.

fullcoarse
8th Jul 2002, 13:36
i live in NZ, but web site http://www.virtualaviation.co.uk/fun/fun.html look like it's pretty well run. :)

doomsday
8th Jul 2002, 13:52
There is an old trident sim available in the Caterham area, just off junc 7 M25 at 70 quid an hour. I used it a couple of years back and it was quite honestly a bit of a dog but good value for money at £50 as it was then. Think they also can get you an instructor if required. 01883 652109

Travel a bit further a field and there is a sim centre at my old company in bournemouth. Bac1-11, L10-11(200 and 500) and a 727 sim. Sims much better than trident especailly 727 that has good visuals. I think they do days / sessions for the public. Not sure of the cost thought... Sim Centre 01202 581111

Regards

twistedenginestarter
8th Jul 2002, 17:03
a bit of a dog?

You're talking about one of the finest machines ever created in the history of the Universe...

Doors If it's company money try BA. They'll help your uninitiated have a good time with colourful displays.

The Trident is really for those who want to achieve Nirvana, and of course know when they've got there.

Unlike Doomsday...

owenpearce
8th Jul 2002, 17:35
Hello there I think you should go to the flight sim at RAF Benson (Oxfordshire) where you will be able to fly the Chinnok Helicopter the puma Helicopter and the new Merlin helicopter

Vortex what...ouch!
9th Jul 2002, 12:15
Do the RAF really let people "play" on thier simulators?

danmermel
9th Jul 2002, 17:00
sorry, just trying out the boards.... I'm a new member