PDA

View Full Version : Working In Saudi (Jeddah)

crewdude
18th Jan 2017, 05:16
Hey everyone,

I might be out of a job very soon (boss sold the jet) and the only available option is Saudi. I'm a one man band, therefore, this would be a solo move. Its a rotation gig, 39 on 30 off. Home is Canada. Any help during this time would be appreciated.

Cheers

luvly jubbly
18th Jan 2017, 10:44
What do you want? The only available work for you.... anywhere in the world is Saudi??? Are you sure?

Jeddah is the best place to work in Saudi. Nice food, good scuba etc. Better than some places in the world. Much, much worse than most others.

If you're a alcoholic with a penchant for screwing prostitutes at beach parties you're probably looking in the wrong place. (Unless you know the right people)

If you're a normal human being you should be able to survive 40 days every couple of months, until something better comes up.
Or you could just stay at home unemployed.

mutt
18th Jan 2017, 12:47
If you're a alcoholic with a penchant for screwing prostitutes at beach parties you're probably looking in the wrong place. (Unless you know the right people)
Actually i think that he would fit in perfectly :)

Although if its the job im thinking about, they stay in a beach hotel and not in Jeddah itself, although they also stay in Riyadh and Dubai.

crewdude
18th Jan 2017, 13:24
Thanks guys, unfortunately there's not too many jobs in corporate on a G4. The Middle East allows me to use my Licence pretty easy. Most jobs in Asia require an FAA licence. As of August 2014 FAA changed the rules and it's no longer easy converting a Transport Canada Licence to FAA.

VAMY
18th Jan 2017, 14:23
Mutt, I don't think it's the bunch you're thinking about that stay out at the beach hotel and are sometimes seen at Silver Sands. Have met them a few times and don't remember them mentioning any North Americans flying for them? I believe they're flying Airbus equipment but there's also a bunch of crew down there, from time to time, that fly a private B777. I believe the B777 is owned by the same person that owns that embarrassingly impressive yacht that he inherited from his father?

As for "knowing the right people"? Definitely NOT that difficult to get your leg over in JED, or down route for that matter, with Saudia!

mutt
18th Jan 2017, 14:42
Naw the one that i was thinking about was NASJET, they are presently advertising for G4 First Officers.

BackAtIt
23rd Jan 2017, 00:51
What are the prospects of a low-timer (ink isn't dry on my CMEL) getting employed in KSA? I worked there for three years and knew the right people, scuba'd, etc. A friend flew briefly for SPA and his hiring class had many in the 300hr range. What is the climate like now?

mutt
24th Jan 2017, 00:51
A friend flew briefly for SPA and his hiring class had many in the 300hr range Not true for expats, was your friend a Saudi National? Very few or no prospects for low timers unless you happen to know the right people.

BackAtIt
24th Jan 2017, 04:12
Not true for expats, was your friend a Saudi National? Very few or no prospects for low timers unless you happen to know the right people.
Not a National. Fluent in Arabic and about 2000TT when hired into the 7x.

mutt
25th Jan 2017, 08:16
Big difference between 2000TT and 300TT, and I would actually doubt that he was hired directly to the right seat of the 7X as their process is to hire to the Hawker then transition to the 7X.
His classmates with 300 hours were Saudi nationals who have totally different hiring criteria.