PDA

View Full Version : Choice of Registry

dallas
9th Jan 2017, 05:50
Hello all, I wondered if anyone had experienced any operating difficulties/extra hassle, regulation/cost associated with operating on any of the 'designer registries', such as 2- T7- VP-* etc. Not so much set-up, as daily operations - for example Manx pay extra on fuel in India, need some permits others don't, amongst other things.

T7- particularly of interest at moment, if anyone has any experience? Feel free to PM if desired.

space-shuttle-driver
10th Jan 2017, 23:05
Flew T7 for a little while, but this was limited to Europe & Soviet Union, never any issue.

HyFlyer
19th Jan 2017, 10:51
for example Manx pay extra on fuel in India, need some permits others don't, amongst other things.

Why? can you provide examples or details.

Is this maybe just a function of being a purely private operation and not an AOC/commercial operation...? Just asking.

They are all ICAO registries and thus should come under essentially the same treatment for International flight I would have thought.

Now as to speed and availability of the various LOA's that is another matter entirely.

dallas
19th Jan 2017, 21:43
Why? can you provide examples or details]
I know they do from first hand experience. The additional fuel tax is apparently because IOM isn't a direct ICAO signatory. It's legit too, as opposed to an opportunist fuel seller marking it up - the big suppliers also add it.
For permits, the example is Turkey, who still need positive permits issuance for M- VP- and a few others.

noneya
21st Jan 2017, 13:34
For permits, the example is Turkey, who still need positive permits issuance for M- VP- and a few others

There is no cost to this.... Just ask your insurance provider to issue you a copy of it. If they are charging you then you need to change insurance companies.

J