PDA

View Full Version : Shock horror as AirlineRatings names world's safest airline in surprise award!

MelbourneFlyer
5th Jan 2017, 10:15
Well actually no, not the slightest bit of surprise here. Once again it's Qantas. GT's membership of the Chairman's Lounge is safe for another year!

RadioSaigon
6th Jan 2017, 10:10
haha ok. It was only yesterday I was reading the JACDEC Safest Airline awards, which ranked Cathay No.1, Air NZ No.2 and Qantas... eighth.

donkey767
6th Jan 2017, 11:12
Such a surprise that an Aussie run website would nominate Qantas as the world's safest airline :rolleyes:

Slippery_Pete
6th Jan 2017, 20:52
This is not the worst part.

The worst part is that when GT next gets interviewed, his reference material will be airlineratings.com
Nothing like referencing your own website when being interviewed.

What I really want to see GT, is a website started by someone who has actually worked in the field and understands the intricacies of the the job. Such as:

www.porthedlandbagchuckerratings.com

AerialPerspective
14th Jan 2017, 18:41
haha ok. It was only yesterday I was reading the JACDEC Safest Airline awards, which ranked Cathay No.1, Air NZ No.2 and Qantas... eighth.
But while I'm no fan of GT, world's biggest aviation expert but never worked for an airline - but he did go to work with his Dad... so did I many years ago, but then I worked in the industry for 30 years... Anyway, I can't see by what reasonable criteria Air NZ could be above Qantas... Air NZ have had a hull loss in the last 10 years, Qantas has not had one (touch wood) in the jet age. I bet if we go through... I mean Hainan above QF??? While I understand sometimes it takes number of reported incidents into consideration, that is not a good criteria without significant analysis... some companies act on incidents and have robust systems in place to learn from them others don't - the only credible way to rate safety is over a long-term trend because that includes the element of non-repeat which provides empirical evidence that a company improves or rights itself after an incident of any kind. The JACDEC data has to be flawed. How could QF possible NOT be on top. Not to mention, the A320 was Air NZ's third jet hull loss, DC-8-52, DC-10-30 and A320-200 albeit over 40 years but still... how surprising for a non-Australian ratings agency not to put Qantas on top... and for that matter, where is VA??? 17 years this year without a major incident, how can they not be above NZ???

Metro man
15th Jan 2017, 04:22
Lies, dammed lies and statistics.

RubberDogPoop
15th Jan 2017, 06:08
Remind me of an AirNZ hull loss in the last 10 years???

Metro man
15th Jan 2017, 10:41
A320 on a test flight into the Mediterranean Sea in 2008, no pax involved.

Capn Bloggs
15th Jan 2017, 11:18
A320 on a test flight into the Mediterranean Sea in 2008, no pax involved.
ANZ accident? I'd have to get the 3rd umpire's call on that one...

nike
15th Jan 2017, 13:04
Yep.....XL Airways.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/XL_Airways_Germany_Flight_888T

RubberDogPoop
15th Jan 2017, 23:51
The 3rd umpire says not only "not out", he says you over stepped the mark and it's a free hit!
Angryrat...and an NZ Rego presumably....

gordonfvckingramsay
24th Jan 2017, 23:11
Safest? Based on what criteria? No recorded hull losses? I bet the hidden nasties that the accountants have allowed to creep in, and which simply haven't emerged yet are not factored.

I don't believe any airline is as safe as it was 10, 15 or even 20 years ago. We have been lucky so far, that's all.

Guys and girls I speak to from all airlines are not so optimistic Geoff. Enjoy the free booze mate!