View Full Version : A320 Renewal

ExA320
20th Dec 2016, 12:13
I need to renew my A320 rating which was last renewed 2 years ago. I have an EASA licence. The ATO I intend using have decided I need 2 sim sessions and a test. Assuming the instructor is a TRE will he be able to do the instruction and the LPC or will I need to find a separate examiner?

Thank you

Mustapha Cuppa
20th Dec 2016, 13:08
In this instance, the TRI and the TRE can be one and the same

ExA320
20th Dec 2016, 13:55
Thank you. I was hoping that was the case

S-Works
21st Dec 2016, 11:17
Are you sure? I just renewed a Type Rating for a Spanish Pilot that had expired by 10 months. I did the training sessions and the skill test and the Spanish CAA rejected the paperwork telling me that I could no train and test.......

Mustapha Cuppa
21st Dec 2016, 19:55
Are you sure?Yes.

From Commission Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011:

FCL.1005 Limitation of privileges in case of vested interests

Examiners shall not conduct:

(a) skill tests or assessments of competence of applicants for the issue of a licence, rating or certificate:(1) to whom they have provided more than 25 % of the required flight instruction for the licence, rating or certificate for which the skill test or assessment of competence is being taken; or

(2) when they have been responsible for the recommendation for the skill test, in accordance with FCL.030(b);
(b) skill tests, proficiency checks or assessments of competence whenever they feel that their objectivity may be affected.Note the absence of the term "proficiency check".

I did the training sessions and the skill test ....You will have carried out the training sessions and the proficiency check.

S-Works
21st Dec 2016, 21:26
Yes quite correct. Habitual slip. However it was still rejected by AENA...... ;)