PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Know Which Airline Swl Is?

Hudson Bay
5th Jul 2002, 16:20
SWL - ANYBODY KNOW WHICH AIRLINE?

starbag
5th Jul 2002, 16:39
SWL = Transjet

I wish you the very best of luck;) ;)

Landing_24R
5th Jul 2002, 16:55
SWL are Transjet- they are a charter airline operating Swedish registered MD80's out of UK airports on charter destinations such as Rhodes. Their code is SWL because they used to be known as Swing. They are notoriously unreliable for time-keeping and their flights are sometimes delayed by quite a bit, but they do sometimes run on time ;)

Anyone know the origins of the new MD Airlines just started ops out of MAN on Thursday? Also using Swedish MD80's to charter destinations. I think there were some rumours that they might replace/compliment Transjet, can anyone confirm this?

Fraudsquads
6th Jul 2002, 09:21
Landing 24R

I think you may be refering to Nordic Air(link)? they are currently operating out of BRS with apparently far more success than Transjet.

FS

Landing_24R
6th Jul 2002, 10:20
Fraudsquads,

I think that's something seperate, the airline I'm thinking of has at least 1 MD80 out of MAN. It has a yellow MD on the fuselage, and operated a flight to Heraklion on Thursday. It's 3 letter code is MDI, and I think it's called MD Airlines.

Cheers
Landing_24R

Brenoch
6th Jul 2002, 11:14
Thats MD Icelandic Airlines..

As the name suggests they are Icelandic but their main hub is Stockholm Arlanda..

Hudson Bay
10th Jul 2002, 19:24
Starbag your luck was not enough! The CAA have pulled the AOC and I am now sitting in BHX awaiting for a sub-charted Cougair that is tech to begin a rescue mission to RHO!!!

Avman
10th Jul 2002, 21:33
LANDING 24R , I think that you will find that MD Airlines operate Icelandic registered MD80s although as correctly mentioned they are based in Stockholm.