PDA

View Full Version : exam results

Pilot16
5th Jul 2002, 16:06
Hi

Just wondering, how long does it take to get your PPL exam results?

Thanx!

FlyingForFun
5th Jul 2002, 16:15
At White Waltham, they'd be marked as soon as I'd finished them. Don't know if it's the same at other schools though.

FFF
--------------

bcfc
5th Jul 2002, 16:17
At our club, so long as the CFI is there to verify, its done on the spot.

Pilot16
5th Jul 2002, 16:18
sounds great! it would be a nightmare waiting for months to get your results back :eek:

Evo7
5th Jul 2002, 17:01
Anyone at the club can tell you how you've done - just need a CFI to sign it :)

BEagle
5th Jul 2002, 17:43
Only an authorised Examiner (and the applicant) is permitted sight of the papers. Others may invigilate the exams, but only an authorised Examiner may mark and debrief the paper.

If 'schools' are in the habit of allowing anyone else to check the papers or to see the applicant's answer sheet, they had better stop such practices pronto! The CAA are, quite rightly, very hot on this!

Remember also that, if you pass the paper, you must be debriefed on the answers which were incorrect. If you are not, don't pay the fee (if there is one - I don't charge for PPL exams taken by students undertaking flying training at my RF).

Evo7
5th Jul 2002, 19:33
BEagle - you cannot be serious? Flying in the UK has enough bureaucracy as it is without the CAA chasing a school for unofficially telling a student how they've done in an exam. It's a multiple-choice PPL exam, for heavens sake, not a degree essay...

BEagle
5th Jul 2002, 19:57
Sorry - I am serious. It's because of the slapdash ways of many clubs that we're now saddled with heavy-handed security of our exam papers.

Being gash about such things helps NOBODY!!

ace cafe bloke
5th Jul 2002, 20:25
I was only able to take exam when cfi or deputy put paper in sealed envlope then invigluater checked I had no info ect and popedhead around door quitely several times to check!

I`ve passed 4 but failed 2 of them 1st time. My instructor told me
the questions may apear easy because of the multipul choice, But you must know and understand the subject that way you will know the ones you got wrong (good a?)

It made sense when I did the retakes and paying again sharpens you up a bit .

djk
6th Jul 2002, 08:06
At my school they're marked as soon as you've finished them. only takes 5-10 minutes so enough time to go for a cuppa while you wait for the results :)