PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Flex/Boeing ATM Take offs

Captaintalkalot
29th Oct 2016, 12:53
So I'm trying to understand this in a better way, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

For example, I understand how both of these methods work, but does the EPR/N1% remain the same.

For example

I'm undertaking a Flex/ATM takeoff, at Temp 40c (OAT 25C) for example, on take off the N1% still rises to around 105+, which is roughly the same as TOGA, if somewhat slightly less.

Do the numbers EPR/N1% numbers remain the same no matter what take odd procedure your using, but the thrust produced is less? Or would the EPR/N1% number be less on take off if you were on Flex/ATM.

Hope this makes sense? Will try and clarify better if I need to?

CTA

FlyingStone
29th Oct 2016, 13:33
Assuming normal engine status, condition etc.: N1/EPR is a direct indication of the thrust the engine is producing.

So on flex/assumed temperature takeoff, thrust produced by the engine is reduced and N1/EPR would be lower accordingly.

Gryphon
29th Oct 2016, 16:53
I'm undertaking a Flex/ATM takeoff, at Temp 40c (OAT 25C) for example, on take off the N1% still rises to around 105+, which is roughly the same as TOGA, if somewhat slightly less

Check T. REF for your flat rating engine. Probably you're closer than you think. That maybe why.

BleedingAir
30th Oct 2016, 08:04
N1 is reduced with the user of a higher assumed temp (737). It's not uncommon to see takeoff N1 as low as 88% or so.