PDA

View Full Version : Be Prepared

Piper Warrior Pilot
4th Jul 2002, 15:36
After the trial flight where the student learns effects of controls, does anyone know what the student will be taught in the first lesson of the PPL course.

I ask this because i have my first proper lesson this month and want to be prepared (ie. i would like to have some knowledge of what i will studying in the lesson) for the lesson.

Any help would be appreciated

Aussie Andy
4th Jul 2002, 17:23
Straight and level, and medium level turns I think, from memory.

Read Trevor Thom Volume 1 prior to each exercise - they follow it pretty closely usually.

You might do better asking this question over on the Flying Instructors (http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=17) forum.

Evo7
4th Jul 2002, 17:28
Looking at my logbook, lesson 2 was Straight & Level (i.e. in trim at selected airspeed), followed by Climbing & Descending in lesson 3. However, your trial lesson may not have covered all of Effects of Controls - did you cover trimming & secondary effects (roll causes yaw etc.) - so you may have that. Why not just ring up your instructor and ask?

BRL
4th Jul 2002, 17:30
Andy is correct, I am copying this to the Instructors forum, keep an eye on it there too :)

Piper Warrior Pilot
4th Jul 2002, 18:17
Thanks Guys