PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 150 Emergency

needzforspeed
27th Oct 2016, 02:38
hi friends,

i was on a touch and go and after takeoff around 300-400 feet AGL, engine severe vibrations and at the same time aircraft pitched up and down on its own. i lowered nose and turned left to land back and meanwhile assess the situation. During this i only saw speed which was 35 and unwinding..
i was in a 90 degree of turn and 90 degree was to go...the aircraft flipped towards left and got into steep dive and seemed uncontrollable. i though i am gona crash kind of but tried to pull up and checked throttle which was fully in. I pulled and glanced at speed, it was 80 type...i immediately put nose on the runway and managed to land back. I was f the view, that something must be wrong with elevator surface, but all control surfaces were found normal. Though engine work will be on the way from today.
i am getting crazy thinking why could it happen? what had probably gone wrong? etc etc.
Can please someone guide me a little.
thanks

172_driver
27th Oct 2016, 09:41
Can you not take part of the investigation if done by the school/flying club? Ask the mechanic who checked the plane after the incident what he has found? It's pointless for anyone that wasn't there to speculate about what happened.

Piltdown Man
27th Oct 2016, 11:57
You are what is calling in flying terms "lucky". I'll suggest you entered a spin and recovered at ground level. Not be recommended, like trying to turn back from a low height.

bingofuel
27th Oct 2016, 12:10
Did you raise the flap after landing before taking off again?

I suspect you did not and pitched to the attitude you normally use for climb which with flap extended would be to high, causing a loss of airspeed and a stall.

PDR1
27th Oct 2016, 15:40
Did these events occur in a real aeroplane or in a PC flight simulator...?

(it's been a long while since I last flew a C150, but from memory recovery from a stall/spin from 400 feet seems rather unlikely)

B737900er
27th Oct 2016, 16:32
Wake Turbulence?

Intruder
27th Oct 2016, 21:57
"engine severe vibrations" would indicate the engine was not putting out full power. If you were climbing out at normal pitch, the lack of power would cause airspeed to decrease. Pitch oscillations would signal a stall. If the rudder was coordinated, those oscillations could continue until you hit the ground.

Since you turned at low airspeed and got even slower (35 KIAS), the airplane completely stalled, and the nose fell. You were VERY lucky that you pulled out before you hit the ground.

Tarq57
27th Oct 2016, 23:13
What PDR1 said.
No way this happened as described.

Unless it's written post mortem.

Greenlights
31st Oct 2016, 17:49
how many hours you have, it can explain too...

PSF2J
4th Nov 2016, 10:18
High power and low speed in a 150 creates a noticeable "snap" to the wingdrop and spin, if you allow the speed to drop, so I can believe what you have described.

The question is was it the engine or you?

You are lucky to be alive to recant the tale.

deefer dog
23rd Nov 2016, 10:37
First time poster. Sounds like a wind up to me.