PDA

View Full Version : Updated Popham fly-in pictures and a question or 2.

BRL
4th Jul 2002, 13:33
Just to let you know i have added more.

Pictures (http://groups.msn.com/BRLPictures/shoebox.msnw)

Anyone know who the unidentified people are and also the 2 in the flight suits, i know one is Gengis but not the other.. :)

Also anyone know what the Red aircraft is?

FlyingForFun
4th Jul 2002, 13:52
The "red aircraft" - do you mean the one in the picture entitled "G-AISA"? If you do, and if the registration number in the title is correct (because you can't actually make it out on the picture) then, from G-INFO, it would be a Tipsy Trainer 1, serial number 17, registered 15/11/2000. Never heard of Tipsy before, but it looks fun! :D

FFF
--------------

Evo7
4th Jul 2002, 13:52
The other chap in a flying suit is SlipSlider - he flew me up from Goodwood in G-TIMP.

Genghis the Engineer
4th Jul 2002, 14:51
I'm the bloke in the flying suit and baseball cap, no idea about the other chap.

G

formationfoto
5th Jul 2002, 18:23
Tipsy Trainer it is. Don't know much about this but I guess some relationship with Tipsy Nipper?

Captain Airclues
5th Jul 2002, 20:39
FlyingForFun

G-AISA is a Tipsy Trainer 1, but it was first registered rather earlier than the date that you gave. it was built on the Slough Trading Estate in 1947 and was registered to the Tipsy Aircraft Co Ltd on 27.6.47, and flew for the Fairey Aviation Co Ltd until it was given to the Royal Naval Flying Club on 1st July 1949. It was later sold to the Armstrong Siddeley Flying Club at Bagington.
Nice looking aeroplane.

Airclues