PDA

View Full Version : Personal portable humidifier.

Bungfai
20th Oct 2016, 03:02
Is personal portable humidifier allowed to use in the cockpit or in the crew rest?
Can the passengers use it?
Are there any regulations?

STBYRUD
21st Oct 2016, 13:10
I use a USB powered humidifier occasionally both in the cockpit and in the crew rest, one of those that screw securely onto small water bottles - considering the air flow and the miniscule evaporation rate of the thing probably all i am feeling is the placebo effect, but my nose and sinuses seem happier :ok: I would classify it as a PED, so it depends what your legislation says about those in the cockpit...

evansb
21st Oct 2016, 17:17
Given the low humidity in airliner cockpits, I would think a non-battery powered mini humidifier would be welcomed by both the employer and the employee's union.

Here is one that uses only capillary action and fits in a cup-holder:
Eco-friendly and Green Humidifiers (http://www.rumidifier.com/products.php?pid=22)

Bungfai
4th Nov 2016, 01:38
Thank you for your reply.
My company has just banned using the personal humidifier in all area as it is classified as PED.

midnight cruiser
9th Nov 2016, 12:13
Low tech solution - hang up a wet towel

noflynomore
9th Nov 2016, 15:53
Total waste of time and effort.
A little wick or one powered by the feeble current of a USB cannot possibly add significantly (probably not even measurably) to the humidity in a cockpit under any circumstances, and certainly not with aircon on. Remember the refresh rates for cabin air?

Your knowledge of basic physics should tell you this idea is pure pie-in-the-sky woo-woo.

Drink the water if you feel dehydrated!