PDA

View Full Version : DXB-FLL

The Darkness
11th Oct 2016, 16:18
I just read that EK is starting DXB-FLL and return, commencing mid-December this year.

Hoping it's a long layover for you all to enjoy the beach!

If it was to be a very successful route, can the 380 use a 9000 ft runway? Payload restrictions?

Thanks for the insight.

CTWO
11th Oct 2016, 18:01
another troll....wow

Monarch Man
11th Oct 2016, 18:01
Lots of blue rinses in FLL, Hollywood international is a nice easy airport..and will never be 380 capable..unless they build a new terminal.
$8 a gallon mojitos at nearby south beach, and of course for those that bat for the other "team" read below....

Other team batters (http://news.nationalpost.com/life/travel/sunny-with-a-chance-of-rainbows-is-fort-lauderdale-the-new-gay-capital-of-the-u-s?__lsa=20c2-85bb)
So expect a few Habibi's visiting "friends"

Cloud Bunny
11th Oct 2016, 18:45
Should be a decent layover, I notice the aeroplane is on the ground for 10 hours!
FLL is a nice place, could be a really good trip.

Iver
11th Oct 2016, 19:03
Can't beat Ft. Liquordale.... :)

Should be a nice layover...

DCS99
11th Oct 2016, 19:26
Lots of blue rinses in FLL, Hollywood international is a nice easy airport..and will never be 380 capable..unless they build a new terminal.
$8 a gallon mojitos at nearby south beach, and of course for those that bat for the other "team" read below....

Other team batters (http://news.nationalpost.com/life/travel/sunny-with-a-chance-of-rainbows-is-fort-lauderdale-the-new-gay-capital-of-the-u-s?__lsa=20c2-85bb)
So expect a few Habibi's visiting "friends"

That's cheered us all up. Brilliant summary but best delete your Google Search history.
I dread to think what you input to produce that link :')

Monarch Man
11th Oct 2016, 20:29
That's cheered us all up. Brilliant summary but best delete your Google Search history.
I dread to think what you input to produce that link :')

Never a truer word spoken!

aeropix
12th Oct 2016, 01:07
With 10 hours of ground time, I wonder if they will try to be cheeky and make it a 30-hour layover?

fatbus
12th Oct 2016, 03:22
Would that not be 34 hr

aeropix
12th Oct 2016, 10:01
Nope. Customs, immigration bus time and 3 hours prior wakeup call

Spoogie
13th Oct 2016, 02:35
I think the temperature conditions are better at night for departure! Next time you are out flying, crunch the numbers for a 200LR at MTOW. Probably would be able to use APU to Packs. Doubt the temp would be above 32degress celsius during the night so forget Bump.

donpizmeov
13th Oct 2016, 05:52
Dec is a big month for change...380 to DOH as well :)

luvly jubbly
13th Oct 2016, 07:14
FLL makes commercial sense as it's a major hub for our codeshare partner JetBlue.

LJ

notapilot15
13th Oct 2016, 13:14
CAPA, which always praised EK management for its innovation up until last year wrote a piece on this growing phenomenon. It predicted EK's USA growth will be restricted to just Jet Blue and Alaskan hubs. Legacies and regionals cutoff earlier EK feeds. Any other station will be a hit and miss on loads.

fliion
13th Oct 2016, 14:31
US rumor boards saying that if the new SWA contract approved, it allows for interline with foreign carriers. EK/SWA gets mentioned. They have significant presence in current & potential EK target cities;

Atlanta, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, San Jose, Orlando, LAX.

The Darkness
20th Oct 2016, 03:58
CTWO,

Not a troll, just asking. Thanks.

Have the day you deserve.