PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for IR revalidation

Trolle
10th Oct 2016, 21:29
I don't live in the UK but did my IR training there.

I am looking to revalidate my MEP IR. It has lapsed for more than 3 years.

Was at Bonus in Cranfield; which is no longer there (and I wouldn't go back).

2 questions:

Does anyone have another place they'd recommend if I would plan on staying a few days to preferably fly a sim and plane until up to speed?
If I have lapsed for more than 3 years is it correct that it is 3 training sessions and a PC as minimum?

Parson
11th Oct 2016, 09:18
1. There are still quite a few modular schools around that can do that. Would suggest one that uses the same type of aircraft that you trained on, subject to a good recommendation.

2. I don't believe there is a minimum. As your ratings have lapsed, you will need sign off by a CFI that you are ready for test.

mykul10
11th Oct 2016, 20:04
1. There are still quite a few modular schools around that can do that. Would suggest one that uses the same type of aircraft that you trained on, subject to a good recommendation.

2. I don't believe there is a minimum. As your ratings have lapsed, you will need sign off by a CFI that you are ready for test.

Airways Flight Training in Exeter will look after you.

UL730
11th Oct 2016, 20:33
This link might help:

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/575831-multi-ir-renewal.html

You are looking for a renewal not revalidation given the time lapse.

Direct advertising infringes the forum's rules but an inquiry about the training facilities at EGNM could be productive.

S-Works
12th Oct 2016, 09:29
If you fancy a few days in the sun come to Jerez and I will do it for you.

Boldpilot2000
14th Oct 2016, 01:52
Can an instructor in Spain do the renewal?

S-Works
14th Oct 2016, 06:38
Yes, through an ATO. We are a full UK ATO.

Boldpilot2000
14th Oct 2016, 14:50
Sorry to hijack this thread out of own interest. How will it work if I get my ME/IR renewal done by a foreign instructor from flight school in Europe both approved under their own country and EASA.

S-Works
15th Oct 2016, 09:29
Just the same as a UK school.