PDA

View Full Version : Handgliding

Hersham Boy
3rd Jul 2002, 16:41
OK - yes, I saw the prog on Disco. Wings last night on Speed Handgliding and I want some of that...

Anyone recommend any handgliding centres around me (Surrey). If not around me, then just a good handgliding centre?

The Bird is going to love this... :D

Hersh

buster172
3rd Jul 2002, 17:48
Hi Hersham boy,

I dont have a television, so I didnt see it, but I am very interested in Hang gliding !

Would have loved to see the footage,

Perhaps you taped it ? or someone has it recorded ?

I would happily pay any postage and obviously, promise to return said tape.

Hope you find the information your looking for, and good luck, it looks great fun :)

Regards,

Buster

SteveR
3rd Jul 2002, 19:12
Handgliding sounds a bit naughty, but I think I know what you mean.

I've seen this prog a few times - and it's very watchable, good luck in your quest, if I spot it going round again I'll press play and record for you....

Steve R

Genghis the Engineer
3rd Jul 2002, 19:44
I've a personal preference for wheels between me and the ground whenever I hit it, for which reason I fly microlights.

But, you will probably find the answer to your quest by phoning 0116-2611322 which is the number for the British Hang-Gliding and Paragliding Association (BHPA).

G

BRL
3rd Jul 2002, 20:14
There are 3 down this way Hersh. One club flies off The South Downs at a place called Devils Dyke. Its not far off the A23. There is also another club who fly off the downs at a place near Lewis. Not to far from your neck of the woods at all. I will try and get the numbers for you. There is also a club who fly from Beachy head near Eastbourne. Would reccommend the first two.

Who has control?
4th Jul 2002, 07:45
errr...hanDgliding????

Sorry Hersh, must have missed something here - would someone care to clarify what hand-gliding involves please.

Hersham Boy
4th Jul 2002, 11:03
OK, OK - HANG gliding!!! :D

Was not really concentrating here, was I? ;)

Buster - I'm afraid I didn't but will record it next time it shows (repeat rate is pretty high on Wings).

BRL and Genghis - you da men! Much obliged.

Cheers
Hersh

knobbygb
4th Jul 2002, 11:08
Stop knocking Herhsam. I was well into my thirties and already learning to fly before I realised it was HANG-gliding. I too used to use handgliding so it can't be that uncommon a mistake, OK!

CS-DNA
4th Jul 2002, 11:52
I know it is a bit far, but i can recommend a good instructor.... in Portugal.:D

The place is quite nice too, a very nice beach :cool:, with the necessary sand-dunes.

While we are on the subject of hang-gliding, could you point me to some nice sites/forums ?

Thanks

BRL
4th Jul 2002, 11:56
Here we go...
Airworks 01273858108 airworks.co.uk
Sussexhpgp.co.uk 01273858170

Have fun..... :)

Who has control?
4th Jul 2002, 12:23
Hey knobby, I wasn't having a crack at Hersh, just though it was a new form of hang gliding/para gliding etc. that I'd not heard about. No offence intended Hersh.

I have a friend who hang-glided (hang-glid?) & I have to confess that its a case of 'rather him than me!'

Hersham Boy
4th Jul 2002, 12:57
Hey - no offence taken... thanks for all the details chaps. I'll send in a photo of my skinned knees/legs/hands after my first landing!

Hersh

Whirlybird
4th Jul 2002, 14:07
I did an intro weekend of hang-gliding many years ago. Never got beyone tethered flight, but it was fun.

But I'm biased; I like flying anything, as you've all probably gathered.

buster172
4th Jul 2002, 15:36
Thanks for the offers of a copy.

Really appreciate that, if your wondering how Im going to watch this video without a TV, my dad has one ! :D

Would be a good excuse to visit,

Thanks again,

Buster