PDA

View Full Version : Validity period for PPL Training

mykul10
21st Sep 2016, 16:06
A request to see if anybody can point me towards the necessary documentation. I've trawled CAP 804 & INs without success....

I have a couple of people who started PPL training under JAR some years ago, without completing training or testing. They have now returned to complete EASA PPL.

Obviously, any TK exams from that far back are not valid, but what about the flying training? Are we still allowed to count ANY previous training automatically (with logbook/training record evidence)? I vaguely remember hearing that the CAA have to approve this on a case by case basis, but cannot find where to check.

Broadlands
21st Sep 2016, 16:19
I have just had a candidate in this position.

A form requesting an exemption needs to be submitted just before the skills test with the appropriate fee.

Also, it takes several weeks for them to process the application, so this morning we were phoning to get them to email the response before his test, which would have been in the afternoon had weather not postponed it.

mykul10
21st Sep 2016, 16:27
I have just had a candidate in this position.

A form requesting an exemption needs to be submitted just before the skills test with the appropriate fee.

Also, it takes several weeks for them to process the application, so this morning we were phoning to get them to email the response before his test, which would have been in the afternoon had weather not postponed it.

Many thanks for that. I've now found IN 2016/053 which gives an email address to make the request. Can you point me towards the form?

Thanks

Whopity
21st Sep 2016, 21:57
before his test, which would have been in the afternoon had weather not postponed it. You need to be aware of the provisions of FCL.1030 before conducting a test:(a) When conducting skill tests, proficiency checks and assessments of competence, examiners shall:
(2) verify that the applicant complies with all the qualification, training and experience requirements in this Part for the issue, revalidation or renewal of the licence, rating or certificate for which the skill test, proficiency check or assessment of competence is taken
If you don't know what is acceptable, you can't sign the recommendation for test!

Broadlands
23rd Sep 2016, 14:20
Whopity
I agree, and did follow the correct procedure but needed to get the exemption before recommending for test, and then before getting the approval for test.

It did get a bit fraught trying to get the paperwork in order on time. I had a verbal agreement from Gatwick several weeks ago that it was ok, and just needed the hard copy in my hand. As it was he completed the test successfully yesterday in the better weather.

I'm still waiting for a candidate to get his license from his test which I did on 2nd July. All the paperwork is correct, and can not get an answer why it is taking so long.